We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• supermac9
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Time wasting methinks.

I've had an acknowledgement from Jet2 which is their way of slowing things down to a standing stop. They advised that they will deal with cases in date order, but they didn't say when.
    Hurry up!
    :(
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    supermac9 wrote: »
    I've had an acknowledgement from Jet2 which is their way of slowing things down to a standing stop. They advised that they will deal with cases in date order, but they didn't say when.
    Hurry up!
    :(

Ahem, get in the line supermac9, don't try to push in lol my case is already 'stayed' by the Court, expecting a court date for a hearing very soon, so I'm next in line for a settlement!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    To be serious, I suppose the 'stayed' cases will take priority, it remains to be seen if new cases will be settled without the need for the claimant to take legal action.

..... There's also the possibility of Jet2 continuing to defend any court cases that are made against them, I think this is unlikely, but I'm not aware of any statement from Jet2 to say that they will now accept the Supreme Court decision and pay legitimate claims?!?

Let's just hope that common sense prevails!!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Lilybob
    Options
    I was delayed in the Greek airstrike in 2011 can I claim as was delayed more than 4 hours coming back?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Lilybob wrote: »
    I was delayed in the Greek airstrike in 2011 can I claim as was delayed more than 4 hours coming back?

No, highly unlikely ,as the delay was not a direct result of a failure by Jet2, you would have been eligible for help, but not compensation under the EC261/2004 regs.

I think that this one does in fact qualify as an 'extraordinary circumstance'

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I understand that Jet2 have written to the courts requesting cases continue to be stayed pending a Dutch case!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • paulsyorks
    Options
    Vauban
    Last time I checked, the Supreme Court trumped Dutch courts on matters of UK law. It's not 1688.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    I understand that Jet2 have written to the courts requesting cases continue to be stayed pending a Dutch case!
    Smacks of desperation. C'mon Jet2 and Deux Oiseaux, admit defeat and get on with improving your ailine's punctuality.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ossie16
    Options
    My friends and I were delayed in May 2012 on a flight from Murcia to Belfast due to fault in the aircraft - after spending several hours in airport we wer eventually brought to a hotel to spend the night and were able to fly out the next day when another airplane was available. Do we have a claim for compensation and if so where can I get the details of the flight e.g. Flight Number, Exact Date, Time etc as I am sure we will need this to claim and none of us have kept any of this information. Can anyone tell me what to do please ?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    ossie16 wrote: »
    My friends and I were delayed in May 2012 on a flight from Murcia to Belfast due to fault in the aircraft - after spending several hours in airport we wer eventually brought to a hotel to spend the night and were able to fly out the next day when another airplane was available. Do we have a claim for compensation and if so where can I get the details of the flight e.g. Flight Number, Exact Date, Time etc as I am sure we will need this to claim and none of us have kept any of this information. Can anyone tell me what to do please ?

Follow the excellent guide written by Vauban

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5042802

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure