Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Hoops55
    Options
    I have received an email reply from jet2 stating that I need to provides booking reference and boarding pass to claim comp on my delayed flight. This was in June 2012 and I have none of this info now, has anyone managed to claim without any proof?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Hoops55 wrote: »
    I have received an email reply from jet2 stating that I need to provides booking reference and boarding pass to claim comp on my delayed flight. This was in June 2012 and I have none of this info now, has anyone managed to claim without any proof?

Hi Hoops55,

Not this old chestnut again! Follow the excellent guide by Vauban, take them to Court and get in the queue for a payout.

Vaubans guide can be found in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Regards,

NoviceAngel

PS I've just noticed I posted a link to the guide at the top of this page!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • minesabud
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Are they really a 3rd party? Read up about 'principal and agent' relationship.

Thank you Richardw. Jet2 do mention the 3rd party by name in their reply, an aviation fuelling contractor firm, and that they provided incorrect fuelling figures to their ground staff at the airport. Although not intimated, maybe they expect me to take the claim up with them? I've done some research, and although I find it difficult to understand the language used, I have found an article discussing
    'vicarious liability in the context of the principal-agent relationship meaning an imposition of responsibility on the principal on the acts of the agent'. Does this basically mean that because Jet2 is the contractor, and since they hired the subcontractor, Menzies Aviaiton, they are held liable for the subcontractor's actions because the contractor was employing the subcontractor? If so, are you suggesting I merely quote this in my next response to Jet2 and see if sparks a different attitude?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    minesabud wrote: »
    are you suggesting I merely quote this in my next response to Jet2 and see if sparks a different attitude?

I would suggest doing just that!

On past performance Jet2 will defiantly defend the claim, and it will be a struggle and may be a little 'muddy' in the fact that an 'agent' of Jet2 caused the delay, but ultimately a judge will decide if any compensation under EC261 2004 is due.

I have no legal qualifications but I'd say you have a good chance!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plus Article 13 of the Regulation makes explicit provision for this:
    Article 13:
    Right of redress

In cases where an operating air carrier pays compensation or meets the other obligations incumbent on it under this Regulation, no provision of this Regulation may be interpreted as restricting its right to seek compensation from any person, including third parties, in accordance with the law applicable. In particular, this Regulation shall in no way restrict the operating air carrier's right to seek reimbursement from a tour operator or another person with whom the operating air carrier has a contract...
  • BigJock_72
    Options
    I've just contacted the bbc program Watchdog to see if they can help by naming and shaming Jet2 and others on national tv. Hopefully i will get a positive response from them. Might help if others do the same, would be fun to see Matt Allwright jumping out on the CEO disguised as a plane!!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately previous experience of BBC Watchdog indicates they do not fully understand the law themselves. Their (AR) grilling of Iain Osborne of the CAA was more akin to a very mild toasting and indeed he was completely let off the hook.
  • dino25uk
    Options
    When oh when will JET2 finally admit defeat. :(
  • supermac9
    Options
    Our friends at Jet2 must be trawling the court systems of every EU country to see if there is anything else they can latch onto to drag this out even further.
    I must admit I am getting a bit sick of their ridiculous delaying tactics, but I don't suppose I am on my own.:wall
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    supermac9 wrote: »
    Our friends at Jet2 must be trawling the court systems of every EU country to see if there is anything else they can latch onto to drag this out even further.
    I must admit I am getting a bit sick of their ridiculous delaying tactics, but I don't suppose I am on my own.:wall

You haven't started a legal case, have you? So I don't think Jet2.com are going to be very interested in your claim. You can be safely ignored for the present.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback