Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Dimples7166
    Options
    Hi
    We had to go to Birmingham, as mentioned in my thread - then get someone to collect us at 11:00pm and drive us to Liverpool - will they pay out anything?
  • sujman
    sujman Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sujman wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

I got through to them on Live Chat. At first, they said the form problems was due to me not using Google Chrome but I confirmed I was.

He then said use the most suitable form on the "Contact Us" forms page to submit my claim. I said the the most suitable form was already the one I was using - which isn't accepting my flight details!

So I asked for an address so I could make a written submission and they gave me the following one:

PO Box 11451
    Swords
    Co Dublin
    Ireland

I also asked for an email address I could email the claim letter to. He said only the forms in contact us section would be the way to contact.

When I asked a general question as to why my flight on 21st was cancelled, when press articles say it only went up to 20th - and asked if my flight on 24th would be cancelled - I was directed to Ryanairs press release, which didn't tell me anything new.

I called Ryan air today as its been over a month since I submitted my claim for EU261 compensation.

I was told by the call agent that just yesterday c£700 (cant remember exact figure ) was authorised to be paid back to my CC in respect of the claim for the 2 persons involved in the flight delay.

I was initially only expecting Euro250 (£220) each or Euro500 (£440) total in compensation. The guy couldn't explain why the figure was higher. I asked if I would be written to, explaining how the compensation value was worked out but he didn't know.

Whilst I am happy the figure is higher than I expected, I would still like to know why it is what it is.

Any ideas?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sujman wrote: »
    I was initially only expecting Euro250 (£220) each or Euro500 (£440) total in compensation. The guy couldn't explain why the figure was higher. I asked if I would be written to, explaining how the compensation value was worked out but he didn't know.

If this was your flight between EMA and PMI this is 1508km according to greatcirclemapper so should be €400 each so sounds correct
  • sujman
    sujman Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    If this was your flight between EMA and PMI this is 1508km according to greatcirclemapper so should be €400 each so sounds correct

Yes, it was ema to pmi.

Thanks!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    We had to go to Birmingham, as mentioned in my thread - then get someone to collect us at 11:00pm and drive us to Liverpool - will they pay out anything?

Hi Dimples,

Yes, I got all that the first time.

I was asking for additional information and a crucial element of this is when RA offered you the first direct flight to Liverpool. They cannot make you go to Birmingham, unless they offered you that routing and you then accepted it.

You said that RA could not get you back to Liverpool, was that ever, that day, or within a few days time?

I asked you "What alternative did RA offer you to return to Liverpool" but you did not answer.

Without further information about what happened, it's impossible to say if you are due compensation.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Chrissec
    Chrissec Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi hope someone can help. My flight to Malta was delayed 6 hrs on 12th Oct due to landing gear problems when it took off from Malta that morning. I was in Bristol. Ryan air gave 2 vouchers for drink. When filing in their online form foe eu261 I kept getting the message flight number not recognised. Just wondered how I can get round this if I'm owed anything? Thanks in advance
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was this your flight. If so EuClaim say you are due €400
    FR 3774 12/10/2017 10:20 12/10/2017 14:40
  • Chrissec
    Options
    Hi yes that was the one. I had paid for myself and my partner. Good to hear I'm due but now to deal with how to claim when flight number isn't recognised. Any solution gratefully received !
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Google and download Vaubans excellent guide. On page 6 is a template letter of a letter before action. Give them 14 days to pay.
  • Chrissec
    Options
    Thanks for your help I'll do that
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills