Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• bojod1
    Options
    My wife’s flight From Belfast City Airport to Newcastle was supposed to depart from Belfast City Airport at 12.05pm and arrive in Newcastle at 13.10, but the flight was cancelled.
    With the rest of the stranded passengers my wife was eventually flown to Leeds and then taken by coach to her final destination (Newcastle).
    She arrived at Newcastle at approximately 07.00 pm. Six hours late.

Can anyone help me with an exact Flybe address for making a claim?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bojod1 wrote: »

You could try using the forum search facility. It's a self-help forum.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bojod1 wrote: »

it is in post #41 (and probably others) in this very thread
  • bojod1
    Options
    Thank you Caz3121 much appreciated I will use that address but really I was looking for a specific claims address which they fail to give in all their (Flybe) vast array of rules regulations and helpful literature? I wonder why…
  • razorsedge
    Options
    I love the dodgems...

Bumping for Newbies
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • Dinkydo
    Options
    After a series of e-mails, flybe is denying my claim simply on the above, quoting a 6 year max as also indicated in the introductory guff on this thread for flybe compensation. However, it would be useful if Martin Lewis' article on this website could be amended to state the correct date instead of quoting 17.2.2005 as the valid cut off date, then it would have saved me wasting my time. My flight delay occurred on 30.3.2007 and it was only watching ML's recent TV programme I was even aware that compensation past a tea and a bun was payable.
  • razorsedge
    Options
    Dinkydo wrote: »
    After a series of e-mails, flybe is denying my claim simply on the above, quoting a 6 year max as also indicated in the introductory guff on this thread for flybe compensation. However, it would be useful if Martin Lewis' article on this website could be amended to state the correct date instead of quoting 17.2.2005 as the valid cut off date, then it would have saved me wasting my time. My flight delay occurred on 30.3.2007 and it was only watching ML's recent TV programme I was even aware that compensation past a tea and a bun was payable.

I am not sure when you last checked the article, presumably some time ago if you have already written to and been rejected by Flybe. It would seem however that your request has been answered and a section about time limits has been added. (Article last updated on 17 Jan 2014).
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

BTW if you had thouroughly read the 'Guff' and a few posts on a few threads before applying for compensation you may have found out about the 6 year time limit in England before wasting your time. Note, however, that other time limits apply in other EU countries and if your flight was to/from one of them you might still be able to take some action.
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • TheJasperCo
    Options
    Hi, thanks for setting up this thread.

I got back home from uni today on a Flybe BE142 flight (Newcastle to Soton) that was delayed for "operational reasons".

I spent my time in the departure lounge familiarising myself with the compensation / refund laws and regulations (sad I know); anyway the plane took off over 3 hours late, but somehow managed to land 2hrs 58 late. This, I believe, means they could legitimately get out of paying a refund because the rules apply to the length of delay on landing, not taking off.

The operational reason given by the flight crew (eventually) was that the plane was delayed the previous evening and had to be diverted away from Southampton because the airport was closed. Apparently the delay was made clear online since 4am, which frankly is bullspit since I checked on Google at 8:00 and it said the flight was actually "on time".

Staff were not readily available, and no advice, help, assistance nor any offers of vouchers for food or water were offered. I've sent an email asking for a refund just now, using the MSE template. Do I have a case? Did Flybe do everything in their power to try and avoid the delay? Is this 2 hour 58 min delay for landing significant? Thanks in advance ladies and gents.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ......please delete.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • TheJasperCo
    Options
    No you don't. 3 hours or more delay to arrival is the trigger point for compensation.

Hmm, try not to sugar-coat things haha. I was just curious if there could be scope for legal precedence (given individual, case-by-case circumstances.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback