Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bazingamo wrote: »
    Do I have a claim here?

23-12-13 I was due to fly 2.50 Glasgow-Southampton. Flight was delayed with further info given at 7pm as Southampton airport was closed. Checking twitter and also ringing the airport was told it's not actually closed and still accepting flights but recommended to check airline website (which said estimated time of departure 630pm). At 7pm we were told flight was cancelled.

Experienced horrible customer care at flybe service desk, told to wait to the side for 15 min (I was freezing cold, Hungry and shattered on my own) then they would arrange for me to be taken to a hotel. After 40mins asked what's going on, she asked me if I had called the hotel yet! I said no that's your job, why have I been standing around all this time....'well things change' is all I got in a reply. By this time were 5 of us waiting. She then said 'ok ill sort this out'. Another 30 mins later we were asked if we had called the hotel....no we haven't because YOU said you would! We were then told to go to a different desk, but eventually we were booked in a room and onto the flight the next morning.

I know bad weather won't get compensation, but If Southampton was open and accepting flights, while flybe decided to delay (due to s'ton allegedly being closed) and then subsequently cancel the flight, do I have a leg to stand on? Also worth complaining about the poor customer service?

Flightstats shows the last flight landing in Southampton at 2.55pm, with all (20+) flights subsequently cancelled. No compensation due.
  • Rocky37
    Options
    I flew from Edinburgh to Knock in May with Flybe. The flight was delayed and I think it was for around three hours. However, I can't remember the timings exactly. I looked it up on FlightStats and it said it was only delayed for an hour and ten minutes and there was no arrival time for Knock. It was definitely delayed a lot longer than that and when we finally boarded for the second time there was a further delay before the flight took off. So my first question is - is there another way of finding out old flight times.

The reason that they finally gave for the delay after we had boarded for the second time was due to a member of staff falling ill on the incoming flight. Apparently they then had to check the plane to make sure there was nothing wrong in the environment that had caused the person to fall ill and then had to wait on a new member of staff. Up to that point there was no proper reason given for the delay. Does this sound like anything I can make a claim for?

I'm a bit late in the day I know and it is a bit annoying as I can't remember all the specifics now. I didn't even know that you could claim for these things until a friend put me on to it. I wouldn't have even mentioned it to them but as it was a particularly difficult experience for me (as I need assistance when I'm travelling and because of the delay it all fell through once I'd initially been taken on the plane) it came up in conversation.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.
  • RMaertens
    Options
    Ah yes, Flybe rumbles on into 2014 . . . two recent emails regarding "Online Schedule Change" with the follow up: "You have already rejected these changes" with the obligatory instruction to phone their 087 number if I require "further assistance".

..Earth to Flybe, Earth to Flybe... My money that you've been using since early October..?

..I want it back.
  • RMaertens
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]"Please be advised we have today refunded £78.60 back onto your card that made the original payment.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please allow 3 - 5 working days for it to clear.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you."[/FONT]
  • Mollyh
    Mollyh Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help please.
    We were flying out of Manchester last year to Jersey.
    We were delayed by 7.5 hours
    This was due to a plan crash at Jersey airport, which meant our plane was actually still in Jersey.
    Not sure if we would be instilled to compensation?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Mollyh
    Mollyh Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help please.
    This was due to a plan crash at Jersey airport, which meant our plane was actually still in Jersey.
    Would this count as not the airlines fault?

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mollyh wrote: »
    Can anyone help please.
    Would this count as not the airlines fault?

Please do not start your own thread - place post on Airline thread relevant to who you flew with.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the airport is closed, it certainly isn't the airline's fault and so long as they looked after you, they have fulfilled their duty and that is the end of it. It was probably Flybe so if this has not answered your question, look at that thread
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the airport is closed, due to crash or weather, and Jersey has lots of fog, then there is no compensation payable. All you can expect is light refreshments, updates and if necessary a telephone call, although in Jersey word spreads about airport delays fairly quickly anyway
  • goodman_lucy
    Options
    I emailed FlyBe the template letter on 04/01/14 regarding a delay of four hours on BE801 NQY-LGW on 29/12/13 caused by a hydraulic problem in engine 2 on my plane.

Should I have received an automated response after sending my email? I emailed the 'customer -at- flybedotcom' address, it's been 14 days now and still haven't heard a peep...just wondering if I should chase or hold on 7 days more?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure