Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Options

Comments

• badskindollheart
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So was your mum stranded at Heathrow? Did you find and pay for hotel overnight?

Claim should be valid for:
    Compensation of 250euros per person.
    Additional expenses for any food and non alcoholic drinks, as long as receipts are available.

Possible travel costs from Cork. Where was their original destination for the wedding?

Thanks JPears. BA put them up in a hotel, as the earliest flight was the next day. The original flight destination was Shannon, but as BA couldn’t get them on any flights there, BA suggested Cork. My mum then had to pay for train from Cork to Limerick and then a taxi to their final destination (Doonbeg).
    I am Doll Parts
    Bad Skin, Doll Heart
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So to confirm, your mum was supposed to land at Shannon airport to go on to Doonbeg, which is NW of Shannon. She was re-routed to Cork, which is 2 hours south of Shannon?
    BA are due to both pay compensation for the delay and any additional expenses incurred including:
    Costs of getting to/from Heathrow airport to hotel provided by BA.
    Train costs at least to Limerick from Cork.
    Any food and non alochol drink expenses, as long as you have receipts.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • gilybob
    gilybob Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry guys going back to the Gatwick saga .. just reading that they don't actually know it was a drone .. Will in still get a refusal of flight delay claim as it was circumstances out of their control .. or shall i pursue it ?? Cheers guys Paul
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gilybob wrote: »
    Sorry guys going back to the Gatwick saga .. just reading that they don't actually know it was a drone .. Will in still get a refusal of flight delay claim as it was circumstances out of their control .. or shall i pursue it ?? Cheers guys Paul

Forget about it, you're not entitled to compensation when an airport shuts down for safety reasons. If you had expenses for accommodation/meals you can get them reimbursed from BA.
  • JohnD999
    Options
    My flight from San Diego to Heathrow was delayed on 18/12/18 meaning I missed my connecting flight to Manchester on 19/12/18. I had to stay in a hotel overnight and got a connecting flight on 20/12/18. I followed the BA compensation link and logged the incident. I received an e mail thanking me for feedback and apologizing . I tried again expressly claiming comp but this time they said I was not eligible because of air traffic control. I suspect they missed their slot at San Diego which of course means that ATC delayed them. I think they are employing subterfuge. Any similar experiences?
  • badskindollheart
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So to confirm, your mum was supposed to land at Shannon airport to go on to Doonbeg, which is NW of Shannon. She was re-routed to Cork, which is 2 hours south of Shannon?
    BA are due to both pay compensation for the delay and any additional expenses incurred including:
    Costs of getting to/from Heathrow airport to hotel provided by BA.
    Train costs at least to Limerick from Cork.
    Any food and non alochol drink expenses, as long as you have receipts.

Yes, that’s correct. Thanks so much for your help. Have put a claim in today with receipts etc so fingers crossed 🤞
    I am Doll Parts
    Bad Skin, Doll Heart
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JohnD999 wrote: »
    My flight from San Diego to Heathrow was delayed on 18/12/18 meaning I missed my connecting flight to Manchester on 19/12/18. I had to stay in a hotel overnight and got a connecting flight on 20/12/18. I followed the BA compensation link and logged the incident. I received an e mail thanking me for feedback and apologizing . I tried again expressly claiming comp but this time they said I was not eligible because of air traffic control. I suspect they missed their slot at San Diego which of course means that ATC delayed them. I think they are employing subterfuge. Any similar experiences?

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye. An ATC delay of over 3 hrs seems unlikely.

If you can give more detail, including flight numbers and itinerary etc we may be able to assist.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye. An ATC delay of over 3 hrs seems unlikely.

If you can give more detail, including flight numbers and itinerary etc we may be able to assist.

Based on the OP's details it looks like BA272 which landed 29 minutes late at LHR.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2019 at 11:36PM
    Options
    If that is the case. A short delay departing SAN causing a missed tight connecting flight to MAN would almost certainly attract compensation, as this is not extraordinary in any way.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Madone13
    Madone13 Posts: 116 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2019 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's help on this thread - I went through CEDR and BA have now settled and agreed that I am due compensation for the delayed flight.

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure