We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was anyone else on this flight? Over 5 hour delay.
    Applied for compensation but just got refused due to extraordinary circumstances, weather conditions and hurricane irma. I have replied asking them to prove their case and provide evidence re this and what reasonable measures they took. Many thanks

Bott and Co reckon this flight is eligible for compensation - which suggests the airline are spinning you horse poo. I would go to CEDR - the commercial adjudicators Thomson use - and ask them to rule on your case.
  • rainbows22
    Options
    Can anyone advise if I should wait the 56 days Thomson have stated to my email! I had a nearly 7 he delay on flight from Malaga in sept. Checked wud claim and says I am entitled to compo. Flight left gatwick and had to return 20mins in. New plane n crew sent to get us from Malaga. Is it worth doing this solo or go through a company?! Never had a delay before. 2 adults. 1 child n 1 infant
    Thanks in advance
  • Gregster2008
    Options
    This is so so useful! Thanks guys
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rainbows22 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise if I should wait the 56 days Thomson have stated to my email! I had a nearly 7 he delay on flight from Malaga in sept. Checked wud claim and says I am entitled to compo. Flight left gatwick and had to return 20mins in. New plane n crew sent to get us from Malaga. Is it worth doing this solo or go through a company?! Never had a delay before. 2 adults. 1 child n 1 infant
    Thanks in advance
    If you are feeling generous and give them 56 days. It is unlikely they will get back to you after 56 days.
    After 56 days, if no positive response, issue your NBA then continue with claim via legal route or via a NWNF company.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • fatfish59
    Options
    I applied for compensation when Thomson Airways plane delayed 31 hours from Barbados to London Gatwick in February via Resolver. On 21st June, Thomson advised that we were due compensation and just wanted my address to send the cheque to, which I provided on the same day. I am still waiting for the cheque.

I have tried emailing them via Resolver, but I never get a response. I have escalated via Resolver, but no response. How long do Thomson take to pay out? :mad:
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As long as you let them.
    Forget resolver send an email or letter directly to Thomson with a copy of their agreement to pay. State you give them 14 days to pay or you will start legal proceedings for the recovery of the debt. effectively your NBA
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you search this thread for:

legal department

you should find a phone number, call them and discuss.
  • Diana_Coates
    Options
    I was on flight TOM172 to cancun from Manchester September 13 delayed over 6 hours put a claim still waiting. Has any else who was on this flight claimed and what was the result
  • Carsontom172
    Options
    Hi we were on same flight and applied for compensation. Had the knock back due to adverse weather conditions. I have replied asking for them to prove this was the case, where they thought the bad weather would be etc. Think the important word there is 'prove. Especially as both the airport and pilot advised the delay was due to a mercy mission!!! Noone mentioned bad weather! Where are you in tbe process? Good luck and let us know how you get on. S
  • Csyau
    Options
    Hi, Don't know if anyone can help or advise on this case?
    Our flight was scheduled for departure on 12/09/17 at 13:40 and due to arrive at 18:05.
    On 11/09/17, at 18:11, I received an email from First Choice who we booked our holiday with, which looked exactly the same as the one I received to originally confirm our holiday details. I didn't actually read the email until around 22:00.
    There was no mention or warning that the flight was going to be delayed or had been rescheduled or cancelled. It was only when I looked more carefully that I noticed that the flight departure time was now showing as 16:00 and could easily be missed.
    Upon arriving at the airport, the flight was further delayed and we were given a letter stating that our flight had been changed as our original aircraft was unavailable due to operational reasons. One of the ground staff said they diverted our Dreamliner to bring back passengers affected by the Carribbean hurricanes. The flight eventually landed at 21:30 - a delay of over 3 hours so I was hoping to get compensation.
    Thomson have rejected my request stating that the flight was only delayed by 1 hour and 5 minutes based on the rescheduled departure time of 16:00.
    I don't think it is correct that they can justify the new rescheduled time giving less than 24 hours notice. I know a lot of people turned up for the original time and didn't know about the change.
    I'd be pleased to hear any thoughts or anyone else who is trying to get compensation too.
    Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure