Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Carsontom172
    Options
    Linpaul, happy to provide payment confirmation when received (and chq banked). Also my email reply to their initial rejection and their email confirming compensation due.
    Novice at these forums sorry so not sure how to organise this.
  • Linpaul
    Options
    Linpaul, happy to provide payment confirmation when received (and chq banked). Also my email reply to their initial rejection and their email confirming compensation due.
    Novice at these forums sorry so not sure how to organise this.

Carsontom172, the payment confirmation and all relevant emails would be a great help in my submission to the CEDR..... I understand you wish to wait until the cheque has been banked. I too am a novice at this but assume you can place copies of the documents on this forum ... unless someone knows of a better way?
  • Keane16
    Keane16 Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 4:51PM
    Options
    Hi,

Had a horrible journey back from Rhodes to Manchester.

Flight: TOM2279
    Date: 13/09/17
    Expected Departure Time: 02:10
    Expected Arrival Time: 04:35

In reality this is what happened (screenshot from EUclaim):
    O4JI03H.png

I kept a diary of the reasons given by staff for the delays:

- Initial delay as our plane was stranded in the Caribbean (not sure the cause).
    - Airline sent a replacement aircraft, but that needed repairs.
    - By the time it was repaired the air crew were close to their working hours limit so wouldn't be able to fly all the way to Manchester.
    - So we were supposed to be flying into Italy (not sure which airport) from Rhodes to get a crew change.
    - Something changed (not sure if it was when we were in the air or before departure) but we landed in Dubrovnik.
    - We stayed in Dubrovnik, apparently to change air crew, but this stop was 4+ hours (no explanation why).

Is it wise to include all the steps and info? Basically is more information better? As far as I can see the lack of original plane, unfit replacement, staff hitting their working limit, and the mystery 5 hour wait in Dubrovnik are all the airlines fault, so it should all be valid evidence?

Thanks for any help.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Linpaul wrote: »
    Carsontom172, the payment confirmation and all relevant emails would be a great help in my submission to the CEDR..... I understand you wish to wait until the cheque has been banked. I too am a novice at this but assume you can place copies of the documents on this forum ... unless someone knows of a better way?
    Just send each other your email address via the PM system. You can then copies directly to each other.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    Options
    Keane16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Had a horrible journey back from Rhodes to Manchester.

Flight: TOM2279
    Date: 13/09/17
    Expected Departure Time: 02:10
    Expected Arrival Time: 04:35

Is it wise to include all the steps and info? Basically is more information better? As far as I can see the lack of original plane, unfit replacement, staff hitting their working limit, and the mystery 5 hour wait in Dubrovnik are all the airlines fault, so it should all be valid evidence?

Thanks for any help.
    Have you sent your initial claim off yet? If not keep it simple using the template from Vauban's super duper guide. No need to include massive detail.
    They will know you are almost certainly due a valid claim and compensation with the reasons why and will play it one of several ways:
    1. Ignore you and don't reply. Send NBA with time frame - 14 days then start court proceedings
    2. Deny you have a claim - then see above at 1...
    3. Pay you.
    Hopefully No.3 but unlikely.
    Keep us informed.

• Keane16
    Keane16 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Have you sent your initial claim off yet? If not keep it simple using the template from Vauban's super duper guide. No need to include massive detail.

Thank you, no I've not sent anything yet. I'm just editing the template with my details and will post via Thompson's Online Complaints form.

Will keep you posted.
  • Talbottally
    Options
    I have been awarded compensation to be paid by thomson for flight delay this has taken over one year but was determined not to give up. This was in August 2017 still waiting to be refunded. Has anyone had delay in receiving their money
  • Carsontom172
    Options
    Linpaul if you click on my profile name and then scroll down and click ''contact" I think that is the PM mentioned. Send me your private email and I will send what I have when I can. Fingers crossed chq is within 28 days!
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    Talbot, the longer you give them, the longer they’ll take. You must keep on top of it by telling CEDR and the CAA. You could also send a final letter saying that if they still refuse to pay you will sue them, but if you make this threat you should carry it out or your credibility will be shot to pieces
  • JPears
    Options
    to echo what legal magpuie said, if you send an NBA/final letter then also have the court papers filled out ready to send and include a copy of these with your final letter. They will then know you mean business, that you know what you're doing and hopefully pay up without any further silliness.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport