Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Scruffywuffy
    Options
    Hi, thx for your reply - I'm a little confused as quoting directly from EU261, Article 6, Delay:

1. When an operating air carrier reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled time of departure:

(a) for two hours or more in the case of flights of 1,500 kilometres or less"

Which our flight falls under - so wouldn't that make us eligible? I have to confess it's almost 3 years to the day since our delay with Thomsons so I'm not quite as well versed with the Regulations as I was, but just looking at the above I thought we would be.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-cancellations/delays/short-haul-delays--compensation/

Or try the myriad of ambulance chasing companies, not just Bott, and they'll all tell you the same. Bott don't miss a trick if they think there's a big payday in it for them :( so if they say the flight isn't eligible, then it isn't.
  • Scruffywuffy
    Options
    Thanks for that - although this does seem to contradict what I posted above directly from Regulation 261

Your rights

If the cause of your delay gives you grounds for compensation, you can claim a lump sum depending on the length of the delay.
    • For delays of under three hours, you cannot claim compensation
    • For delays of more than three hours, you can claim €250
    I'll look into it a bit more as like I say, it's been a while since I was familiar with the rules and regulations of flight delays!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, thx for your reply - I'm a little confused as quoting directly from EU261, Article 6, Delay:

1. When an operating air carrier reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled time of departure:

(a) for two hours or more in the case of flights of 1,500 kilometres or less"

Which our flight falls under - so wouldn't that make us eligible?.
    you need to read the whole of article 6...
    ...passengers shall be offered by the operating air carrier:
    (i) the assistance specified in Article 9(1)(a) and 9(2);
    article 6 refers to Right to Care not compensation and Right to Care kicks in from 2 hours...
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-cancellations/delays/short-haul-delays--compensation/

Or try the myriad of ambulance chasing companies, not just Bott, and they'll all tell you the same. Bott don't miss a trick if they think there's a big payday in it for them :( so if they say the flight isn't eligible, then it isn't.

Actually, I have to disagree, I did the Bott calculator last year which said I wasn't eligible against BA, turns out they were wrong and I got paid out doing it myself direct.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Mccartp
    Options
    Hi all,

I am looking for some advice please regarding flight cancellation compensation. On 10th December this year we were due to fly in a day trip to Lapland with Thomson. They cancelled the trip due to a technical fault with the plane. Customer service at the airport was shocking but after complaining, I have received a refund and EU compensation fir outward flight.

My query is, if this was a day trip, am I also entitled to compensation for return flight? I did request this in my compliant but assume that Thomson have just sent compensation for the outward flight in the hope that I accept this. What do you think? Is this worth pursuing? I am willing to raise a small claims if need be.

Many thanks in advance.
  • Hi all, posting from my phone so hope it’s in the right place.

After a little advice please. Thomson /TUI are ignoring my and CEDr’s request for compensation.

I was on a delayed flight from Mallorca in June this year.

I still have a dispute about landing time, the flight radar website says different to Thomson but it’s not key as CEDR ruled in my favour... net results are below:

Flight no TOM7197
    Date: 5th June 2017
    Due to arrive: 19:05
    Arrived: 22:03 as per Thomson plus 2 minutes to the chocks makes exactly 3 hours delay.

CEDR ruled in my favour with payment due by the 22nd December and I’ve heard nothing. I messaged the CEDR case to advise payment hadn’t been received and they did update their case questing TUI respond but that is all. Surely they should be more actively chasing?

How long is best to wait before calling CEDR and requesting they escalate? I don’t want to leave too long as TUI are clearly ignoring them.

Could I just take them direct to court? I gather from other posts I should only deal with CEDR as the case was escalated to them?

Thanks in advance!
    Jon
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jon,

I would badger CEDR about the lack of payment for another week or two yet. Give them chance to sort it out because you can always fall back on MCOL in the future, but that will add quite a bit of time to the process.

CEDR has what amounts to a gentleman's agreement with the airline over payments, so they will not be able to legally enforce an adjudication but should be able to extricate payment on your behalf.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But the basic answer still stands. Delay for any flight has to be at least 3 hours between scheduled and actual arrival times (not departure).
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Actually, I have to disagree, I did the Bott calculator last year which said I wasn't eligible against BA, turns out they were wrong and I got paid out doing it myself direct.

The OP isn't entitled to compensation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure