ps - the website is bottonline.co.uk
  • Lob-Leg wrote: »
    ps - the website is bottonline.co.uk

They charge 29% + 26 euros per claimer for successful claims
    So for a 600 euro claim, they will take 200 euros
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Not sure if they'd represent you at a small claims hearing though.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Mark2sparkMark2spark Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    flight delay from norwich to corfu, only two flights per week! Yet they want proof of delay, boarding passes and passport details. 7 or 8 hour delay, does anyone else have a claim in for this flight?

Do I also claim for food, wine and taxi? Do I have to provide receipts or is there a standard sum?

Advice, assistance welcome.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59544615&postcount=581

Food can also be claimed with receipts.
  • Mark2spark wrote: »

You will not be able to claim for any alcholic drinks (IE Wine) - only water & soft drinks
  • Daza wrote: »
    You will not be able to claim for any alcholic drinks (IE Wine) - only water & soft drinks

Oh why not? I did (successfully).

Champagne for everyone! :beer:
  • We were delayed by more than 24 hrs on the above flight and on our arrival in Cancun on 14 Dec, the cabin crew gave everybody a letter explaining the delay was due to a technical fault (a sensor that they couldn't fix, so 'borrowed' a part from the plane we eventually flew in the next day!) followed by crewing issues (they ran out of hours, poor diddums, what a hard life they have). The letter was to use if we needed to make an insurance claim (the insurance paid £50 per person and does not make up for a 24 hr delay and a night in a disgusting 1 star hotel in Stockport!).

Using a template letter from the CAA website, I wrote to Thomson on 2 Jan 13 making a claim for the full 600 euro per person for me and my Husband due to length of journey and time delay. I heard nothing from them so wrote again on 16 Jan 13 reminding them under the EU regulation we were entitled to the compensation.

I received a letter from Thomsons on 26 Jan (dated 18 Jan) which was marked 'without prejudice' along with 2 claim forms. I completed the forms and attached photocopies of all the documents that they required including 3 sets of boarding cards which I had kept hold of and enclosed a letter saying I was not prepared to wait for the stated 56 days but as they already had all of the information that I had just supplied again which I had already given it to them in my first letter of 2/1/13, I required a response in 14 days as they were just using time wasting tactics. This letter along with the claim forms, was posted 1st class recorded delivery on 28 Jan 13

Not surprisingly, there was no response so I wrote again on 13 February, saying that I was not happy at their lack of response and if I heard nothing from them within 7 days, I would commence with small claims court action.

I was going to start the court action this weekend but just wanted to know, has anybody actually managed to claim from Thomson? Should I wait the 56 days stated which works out to be early March if I work from 18 Jan before starting court action and at least be seen by the court to be acting fairly and within timescales?

Not sure what to do for the best and would really appreciate advice whether to just pay the £70 or £80 court fee (depending on the euro/£ exchange rate) and just press on with the small claims or if anybody has tried an alternative method and been successful
  • Littlenix wrote: »

I was going to start the court action this weekend but just wanted to know, has anybody actually managed to claim from Thomson? Should I wait the 56 days stated which works out to be early March if I work from 18 Jan before starting court action and at least be seen by the court to be acting fairly and within timescales?

Not sure what to do for the best and would really appreciate advice whether to just pay the £70 or £80 court fee (depending on the euro/£ exchange rate) and just press on with the small claims or if anybody has tried an alternative method and been successful

But the court won't think you're acting fairly - they'll think you're bent double over backwards. The court's version of acting fairly comes form the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct issued by the Ministry of Justice. This states that 14 days notice is fair - then you can sue. As for acting 'within timescales', what does this even mean? What is the relevance of the defendant deigning to respond in 56 days, 56 weeks or 56 months. The only relevant period is 14 days.

Sue.
  • GorbarGorbar Forumite
    111 Posts
    blondmark wrote: »
    But the court won't think you're acting fairly - they'll think you're bent double over backwards. The court's version of acting fairly comes form the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct issued by the Ministry of Justice. This states that 14 days notice is fair - then you can sue. As for acting 'within timescales', what does this even mean? What is the relevance of the defendant deigning to respond in 56 days, 56 weeks or 56 months. The only relevant period is 14 days.

Sue.

We posted our claim forms on 27th December,56 days up on Friday. I rang on Friday & they said I should get a letter early this week!!