9.4K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• Mark2sparkMark2spark Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarkysandy wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a 24 hr delay from Mexico to Manchester in April last year on a Thompson flight what evidence do I need to put in a claim? At the moment I can't even find the flight number ?

speechless-smiley-004.gif speechless really.

Might be a sign my time is up on the forum for now :undecided
  • Curious to know if anyone here was on the Thomson flight TOM2465 Rome to Man. on 23/6/2011. This was a Princess cruise charter on its return home. We were delayed approx. 11 1/2 hours. With no-one at the airport who knew what the delay problem was, kept getting updates from Princess reps. saying on its way (2 or 3 times) but never arrived.
    Princess reps. gave us vouchers for small bottle water & slice of pizza (which was cold). When we finally left Rome, flight captain came on intercom & just mumbled "sorry for delay", with no explanation.
    When we arrived in Man. approx. 00:25 on the 24/6/2011 their was a Princess rep. who distributed a letter to all the passengers off this flight, again apologising but with no explanation to the delay.
    I would be grateful to any of those passengers on this flight who MAY still have a copy of this letter from Princess, if they would forward me a copy, as further evidence in my claim.
  • itsme91287 wrote: »
    Curious to know if anyone here was on the Thomson flight TOM2465 Rome to Man. on 23/6/2011. This was a Princess cruise charter on its return home. We were delayed approx. 11 1/2 hours. With no-one at the airport who knew what the delay problem was, kept getting updates from Princess reps. saying on its way (2 or 3 times) but never arrived.
    Princess reps. gave us vouchers for small bottle water & slice of pizza (which was cold). When we finally left Rome, flight captain came on intercom & just mumbled "sorry for delay", with no explanation.
    When we arrived in Man. approx. 00:25 on the 24/6/2011 their was a Princess rep. who distributed a letter to all the passengers off this flight, again apologising but with no explanation to the delay.
    I would be grateful to any of those passengers on this flight who MAY still have a copy of this letter from Princess, if they would forward me a copy, as further evidence in my claim.

Doesn't matter if you have the letter from Princess or not - it is the "official" reason from Thomson you will need as you can only claim from the airline (not the cruise company)
    Write to them with as much details as possible (Flight number, date of flight, departure airport & destination, length of delay, passenger names) and ask them to provide details of why the flight was delayed.
  • Sarkysandy wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a 24 hr delay from Mexico to Manchester in April last year on a Thompson flight what evidence do I need to put in a claim? At the moment I can't even find the flight number ?

As many of these as possible: Flight number, date of flight, departure airport & destination airport, length of delay, passenger names and the reason for the delay.

Might be best when you write to them to use their correct company name also ... THOMSON (Not Thompson)
  • 111KAB111KAB Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    speechless-smiley-004.gif speechless really.

Might be a sign my time is up on the forum for now :undecided

Mark - please stay on (at least) the Monarch section as your imput re settled/non settled claims is VERY helpful.
  • Just phoned Thomson, and spoke to a very helpful member of staff who took my address and said he'd send out 2 claim forms ASAP. He explained that 1 form is for the lead passenger (me) AND children, and the 2nd form for my wife.

The only details he needed were my name and dates of travel.

Fingers crossed for me, and good luck to everyone else
  • I emailed Thomson on the 1st Feb about a delayed flight in 2009 to Turkey and received a template back asking for more details, I filled this in and sent it back on the 2nd Feb.

No news yet but its only been a few weeks and reading on here it could take a long time!
  • edited 20 February 2013 at 1:22PM
    Pierre_De_GrenoblePierre_De_Grenoble Forumite
    478 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 20 February 2013 at 1:22PM
    Hello, I have all the information I need to put a claim in, but I am wondering whether to do it myself, or give it to a claims company as I am sure from reading these fora that it will end in court after much delay etc etc.

Does anybody know of anybody who has had a refund for a First Choice / Thomson flight (apart from the 2 seperate cases on this thread) or are they stalling aka Monarch

and does anybody know of anybodies experience with any of the claims outfits out there.. :beer:
  • leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I had a delay a couple of years ago. Thomson package holiday so Thomson contract. They subbed the flight out to Thomas Cook. Still TOM flight number, but TC aircraft and crew. Thomsons handled the duty of care vouchers airside, hotel for the day if wanted etc. and advised us of how much we could get refunded for the flight, if we wanted to cancel after 5 hours.

Who do I submit a claim to? Thomson or Thomas Cook?
  • leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I wrote to them asking for claims forms, and just had a phone call telling me that as they didn't actually operate the flight I had to claim from TC, as they maintain the aircraft so not TOM responsibility. I can see that point, but how can you claim from someone you haven't got a contract with, or doesn't that matter under EU261?