Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    Options
    No. They are taking an age to compensate you because you are giving them all this time. You don't have to use Resolver. Just send them an NBA making it clear that you are entitled to cash, not vouchers and that you want vouchers unless, of course, they are prepared to make it worth your while by offering, say, double the amount of compensation in vouchers. Give them 14 days. If they haven't paid up within the 14 days, sue them
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No. They are taking an age to compensate you because you are giving them all this time. You don't have to use Resolver. Just send them an NBA making it clear that you are entitled to cash, not vouchers and that you want vouchers unless, of course, they are prepared to make it worth your while by offering, say, double the amount of compensation in vouchers. Give them 14 days. If they haven't paid up within the 14 days, sue them

Thanks legal magpie, i had a similar issue with them last year (same flight, same day, same time) and they paid up within 2 weeks, just wondered why its different this time round? (I just assumed because of my smooth and easy win last time and fast compensation, it'd be the same this year)

Excuse me asking, what is an NBA and how do i send them one?
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    In the trade, we always called it a letter before action (LBA) but in this forum they prefer the term NBA (Notice before action). same thing
  • usas01
    Options
    Hi Paul,

I know this is quite a long time since this post but is it possible to get a copy of this CEDR successful ruling.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the trade, we always called it a letter before action (LBA) but in this forum they prefer the term NBA (Notice before action). same thing
    I think because we tend to use emails these days, us oldies don't regard an email as a proper letter, so Notice seems a better term?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    usas01 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I know this is quite a long time since this post but is it possible to get a copy of this CEDR successful ruling.

It may help if you quote the post number you are responding to...
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or send a PM to Paul?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • adam0412
    Options
    EUclaims have now responded and have also declined any entitlement in compensation due to the flight being (2 hours and 57 minutes) which is again another completely different time to what Thomas Cook said in the email being (179 minutes).
  • Cunny666666
    Options
    Hi All,

I've received a response from Thomas Cook Via the CEDR Dispute today. (I've deleted our names)

Event: Please note that the airline made a settlement offer to the other side for GBP 713.24, with the following terms: "Dear Mr **********, firstly may we apologise for the inconvenience you suffered on your flight to Antalya. Having investigated the circumstances we are prepared to offer the total figure claimed of €400.00 (converted to £356.62) each in full and final settlement for yourself and Ms *********. In order for a single BACS payment to be made, we require the signed authority of all other adult passengers on the booking stating that they are happy for you to accept their compensation on their behalf. Further for any children on the booking, we require a signed parental indemnity form stating that their compensation will be held on trust for them until they reach maturity. Please note, we cannot release any funds on behalf of any passenger (child or adult) to anyone other than that person (i.e. cheque in their individual name) without the appropriate form being completed. In addition we will require your full bank details (account number, sort-code, name, SWIFT, IBAN). We cannot process electronic payments without the SWIFT and IBAN as payments are processed internationally. Please provide BACS details on the discussion board on the portal. I look forward to receiving the above mentioned documentation. Upon receipt of all of the above, a BACS payment will be processed within 20 working days to your nominated account. Can you please upload the completed form to the portal or email to the address on the form. I look forward to hearing from you. ".

Absolute Joy, thanks for all the help guys.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Cunny666666,

Well done, it's your prize for persevering:j

I'm not sure about the validity of this bit tho...

"Further for any children on the booking, we require a signed parental indemnity form stating that their compensation will be held on trust for them until they reach maturity."

As the children's parent/guardian I would have thought it was up to you if/how it was spent.

Maybe Legal Magpie can give us his view on this clause.

A good result never the less.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure