Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

1852853854855856858»

Comments

• If you booked a flight only direct with TC Airlines, you must have used a card and you will be able to claim a refund from the card issuer. Credit card companies will not pay compensation that was due under EU261 and have never done so to my knowledge
  • Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    If you booked a flight only direct with TC Airlines, you must have used a card and you will be able to claim a refund from the card issuer. Credit card companies will not pay compensation that was due under EU261 and have never done so to my knowledge

Yes to be clear a refund for the flight and not any flight delay compensation

If you paid with a debit card then you can ask the debit card issuer to make a ‘charge back’ but they are under no obligation to do so. Additionally, I think it’s unlikely that they would agree as that would leave them out of pocket, because TC accounts will be frozen.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,069
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Would be interesting if any Monarch customers got their compensation after they went bust.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Credit card companies may not pay the compensation if the airline refused to pay out.
    But this is a different scenario where customers have had the promise of compensation payments before TC liquidated.
    This promise is a contract or service that has not been fulfilled and therefore, in my opinion, the Section 75 claim is viable.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi can anyone help! I was due £700 for compensation for a delayed flight in 2015. I was confirmed they would do a BACS payment 03.09.19. Now since they have ceased trading, is there anything I can do about this or have I lost out on this? Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,525
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    you could possibly register as a creditor with the liquidators.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,841
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    And the admitted debts so far are £3.1 billion. It is time to forget compensation claims whether under EU261 or for poor holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure