Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    virgo17 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? TUI is a different company to Thomas Cook.

my documentation states thomas cook airllines, but then it has condor by the side of it, not tui
    Nice to save.
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2018 at 9:09AM
    Options
    my documentation states thomas cook airllines, but then it has condor by the side of it, not tui

Yes Thomas Cook code share with Condor. We had the same on our recent ticket to JFK.

TUI in the UK was formally know as Thomson, easy I guess to confuse with Thomas Cook.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, I think Tyzap may have had a "moment" ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • billygoatgriff
    Options
    Hi.

Can anyone advise me please? Our flight in June from Frankfurt to Anchorage with Condor airlines was delayed due to technical reasons for 24 hrs.

Upon return we filled out the compensation form on Condors website, I understand we should be entitled to 600 Euros each. we received an automated response with a reference number but since then they have ignored us.

At the beginning of September we took our case to the Arbitration board and started a dispute resolution procedure, again we received an automated response, and only asking for more time when contacted and asking us not to contact either themselves or Condor.

where do we take our case from here?

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Kevin
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi.

Can anyone advise me please? Our flight in June from Frankfurt to Anchorage with Condor airlines was delayed due to technical reasons for 24 hrs.

Upon return we filled out the compensation form on Condors website, I understand we should be entitled to 600 Euros each. we received an automated response with a reference number but since then they have ignored us.

At the beginning of September we took our case to the Arbitration board and started a dispute resolution procedure, again we received an automated response, and only asking for more time when contacted and asking us not to contact either themselves or Condor.

where do we take our case from here?

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

That sounds strange from an ADR supplier. Which arbitration company did you contact and when was it?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • billygoatgriff
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi Kevin,

That sounds strange from an ADR supplier. Which arbitration company did you contact and when was it?

I used the one at the bottom of the Condor website, is it SOP? around the 17th of September.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used the one at the bottom of the Condor website, is it SOP? around the 17th of September.

Okay. Well technical faults mean you are due compensation, so it's just a matter of getting them to sort out your claim in a timely manner.

As I have just suggested on another thread, social media can be quite effective so give that a try. Apart from that it's just a case of pushing the airline and Söp as there isn't really anywhere els to go apart from a NWNF solicitor.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • DMV
    Options
    Hi all! We were delayed on a Thomas Cook flight from Heraklion that was scheduled for 10/10/18.Half an hour into the flight the oxygen masks were deployed and a smell of burning throughout the cabin. We were told the pilot had full control of the plane and to keep calm! Eventually it was announced that we would have to land in Athens due to a technical fault- faulty ac unit. We were in the air with masks on for over an hour before we were told it the cabin pressure was safe and we would land in Athens. I have since contacted Thomas Cook who claim the delay was due to WEATHER! Unbelievable, I then sent them another email with supporting documents that were given to us before we left the next night at gone midnight which mentioned the technical fault and faulty ac unit. They ignored my email, so I lodged a complaint with ABTA and had a reply from Thomas Cook the next day saying they were happy with their final decision not to compensate and to contact CEDR, which I have done today.
    My questions are these: were you on that flight or know someone who was? Flight no:MT 1179 scheduled to leave on 10th Oct but actually ended up leaving in the early hours of the 12th? If so how have they been dealt with compensation wise? I'm determined to see this through to the bitter end- the audacity of them blaming the weather, it was not a bogstandard delay but also a terrifying ordeal.
    Any advice help would be appreciated.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Please post on the Thomas cook thread, and then google and download Vaubans guide and read. Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • DMV
    Options
    Thank you I have hopefully now posted on the correct thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure