Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They could argue that the admin charge was for the holiday not the flight, that might be a tough one to get through court if it comes to that.
    However, before it gets to that, you should point out that you did pay a fee for a flight/ticket that is available to the general public, and therefore under the regulation the infant is due compensation. it matters not if they had a seat or not.
    If no improvement on their offer, you could consider using whichever ADR scheme they are signed up to.
    Have they actually paid the money into your bank account. if they have, then you can just send a return email that you have accepted what is offered so far but nthat is not in full and final settlement as you will be seeking addiitonal unpaid compensation.
    (you are able to do this because they have paid you without your consent and applied terms and conditions which you have not been able to consent to.)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • AAB
    AAB Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi AAB,

Keep all receipts for food and soft drinks etc if you need to buy anything yourself.

Is the incoming aircraft on the ground at Dalaman? There doesn't seem to be any flight in the air from Man to DLM at the moment so assume it has arrived.

Manchester arrivals showing ETA 9.30.
    also
    Antalya MT239 to MAN cancelled for some reason.

update,
    The aircraft which eventually returned to MAN was LY-VEP which TC lease from Avion Express, a Lithuanian company. Landed at about 9.15.
    update 2,
    This may be from the flight 24hrs to yours...
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/inside-ghost-plane-forced-shed-13402955

Good luck

Thanks for your help Tyzap, I've got a confirmation that they have agreed to pay me €400 per person plus the money we spend on food at the airport. Much appreciated.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AAB wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Tyzap, I've got a confirmation that they have agreed to pay me €400 per person plus the money we spend on food at the airport. Much appreciated.

Great news, thanks for the feedback:beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AAB wrote: »

Hi AAB, The same plane that you came back on to Manchester was turned around and I flew out on it to Antalya. We were more than 3 hours late in arriving so I assume that if Thomas Cook pay out for your flight then its a given that the delay on the next one out is eligible too?
  • AAB
    AAB Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ant555 wrote: »
    Hi AAB, The same plane that you came back on to Manchester was turned around and I flew out on it to Antalya. We were more than 3 hours late in arriving so I assume that if Thomas Cook pay out for your flight then its a given that the delay on the next one out is eligible too?

Yes I would think so. Good luck
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ant555 wrote: »
    Hi AAB, I assume that if Thomas Cook pay out for your flight then its a given that the delay on the next one out is eligible too?

Hi Ant555,

Well you would expect that to be the case, but unfortunately it's not.

There have been countless cases where one set of passengers from a flight have received compensation but others are then refused, even from the same family sometimes.

Hopefully tho you will also get your compensation without too much trouble.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ujjisnooker
    Options
    They paid the money in Today, I dont want to drag this too long. I am happy with the outcome.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A very sensible approach. Remember 10 years ago you wouldn't have got a penny.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They paid the money in Today, I dont want to drag this too long. I am happy with the outcome.
    Well done. Enjoy,
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • PB1971
    Options
    Hi, we had a 26hr outbound delay with Thomas Cook on our recent all inclusive 10 day holiday to Kos. We've been offered compensation in line with EU flight delay regulations but is there any chance of compensation for the loss of a day of our holiday?

Thanks, Paul
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport