BlueMac wrote: »
    Hi
    Flight was
    MT 1925
    Bourgas to Manchester ( 13.00)

The bird damage was on the 2nd plane

Thanks

Which date?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • BlueMac
    Options
    Yesterday. 2nd August
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BlueMac wrote: »
    Hi
    Flight was
    MT 1925
    Bourgas to Manchester ( 13.00)

The bird damage was on the 2nd plane

Thanks

Hi BlueMac,

I think it's worth taking your case to CEDR where you can find out more detail about the claimed sequence of events leading to your delay.

You flew on aircraft registration D-ABOH which is a B757-300 (that is the extended version) and is operated by Condor, the German airline.

Your aircraft arrived from Dusseldorf into Manchester at about 8.11 that morning and then departed for Burgas at around 10.30.

If they will not give you full details about the EC there is a 2nd way. The airline must file a MRO (mandatory reporting occurrence) to the CAA following a bird strike, so you could ask for details of this from CEDR. However, TC should supply those details as a part of their rejection of your claim.

A this stage, without further details, it is vary hard to be certain how valid your claim is.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ujjisnooker
    Options
    Hi All

We were group of 8 who were travelling to Dalaman from Manchester on 30th July 2017 MT228. Our flight was delayed caused by a technical fault on the plane. There was serious lack of information throughout the ordeal. We were told to stay at a hotel for the night arranged by TC and then departed the next day at 8:45 am. It was total chaos and very disturbing. Not to mention we lost a day of our holiday.

I have made a claim on their website today. Lets see what they offer. I am hopeful as this was totally the airlines fault.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EuClaim say you are possibly due €400 per passenger put your flight details in to bottonline and see what they say.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

We were group of 8 who were travelling to Dalaman from Manchester on 30th July 2017 MT228. Our flight was delayed caused by a technical fault on the plane. There was serious lack of information throughout the ordeal. We were told to stay at a hotel for the night arranged by TC and then departed the next day at 8:45 am. It was total chaos and very disturbing. Not to mention we lost a day of our holiday.

I have made a claim on their website today. Lets see what they offer. I am hopeful as this was totally the airlines fault.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks

There seemed to be some chaos with TC's flights to Turkish resorts that day, you were not the only ones!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72912258&postcount=7955

It's beginning to look like aircraft tec problems were the cause.

Good luck.
  • ujjisnooker
    Options
    So I called TC up and to make a claim (online submission was not enough). I was told that I am entitled to compensation of Euro 400 per person excluding the infant (1 1/2 years old).

Below is there email to me

Following our conversations we've now completed our investigations.
    We're really sorry about the issues you had during your stay with us. I want to confirm that we've agreed and you've accepted (on behalf of you and your party) a BACS payment as full and final settlement for the feedback you gave us.
    BACS Payment Amount: £ 2,603.00
    Thanks for giving us the chance to put things right. We hope we're able to look after you on holiday with us again soon.

I am not sure if should contest the infant not receiving the compensation, they said since he didnt occupy a full seat and his fare was some admin charge. They are not obliged to pay for him

We were a party of 8 including one tolder (6 adults 1 child and 1 infant)

Any advice?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you paid anything for the infant, including an admin fee (was it a package holiday with flights) then they should be due compensation. They were inconvenienced as much as you.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ujjisnooker
    Options
    Yes packaged Holiday (All inclusive). I am not sure how to dispute with them. They might delay the other compensation too :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure