Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    David
    1. Your claim is against Thomson but you've posted on the Thomas Cook thread
    2. Yes, you should make a claim against Thomson. From what you say, the delay sounds to be largely due to organisational problems.
    3. There's no point at all in going via CAA.
  • Mr_Bod
    Options
    Hello, my flight was due to leave MCO on 30st July at 18:40 (local time).
    When I went to check in (the first one), I was told of a delay and cannot check in at present (14:00 Local time). Further information was to follow (never did) and please wait.
    At 16:30 want to check in desk for any information on delay, the reply was we are putting you up in an hotel overnight.
    So flight next day leaving at 16:20 but delayed and we left at 17:30 on the 31st July.
    The only information I had was when i got off the plane at Gatwick still no explanation of why only saying they were delayed and that's all.
    Do you think i have a fair claim against the carrier or not ?
    Flight details Thomas cook MT493.
    Thank you all.

Alan.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    EuClaim say you are not due compensation. Did you fly back on a Thomas cook aircraft? What was the weather like in Orlando?
  • Mr_Bod
    Options
    Thanks for the reply,
    weather in orlando was fine and we did fly back on a thomas cook aircraft also.
    Alan
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Enter your details into Bott&Co flight checker if they also say you are not due compensation then your probably not. In the meantime google Vaubans guide and have a read.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EuClaim say you are not due compensation. Did you fly back on a Thomas cook aircraft? What was the weather like in Orlando?
    Looking at the event timeline on flightstats it does look like somehow the information has been entered incorrectly though which may influence the NWNF decisions
    using UK time the flight shows the flight actual runway arrival time before the flight had even left MCO
    The departure gate was updated a couple of times on the 31st
    then the 1st August update at 06:43 logs the arrival time as almost exactly 24 hours previously, I suspect someone made an error with the arrival 'date'
  • adamski76
    Options
    Hi. I couldn't find an answer. I had a package holiday to Turkey with two flights delayed. Onward flight 181 min and return flight 320 min. Question is: Can i claim for two delayed flights or just for one as it was a package holiday?
    Thanks
    Adam
  • Justice13075
    Options
    If your flights were delayed for more than 180 mins and as long as they were not delayed because of exceptional circumstances you can claim for both the outward and inward flight's. Google and download Vaubans guide and read. All explained in the guide.

Post details of both flights.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Also it is not the time the plane lands but the time the doors open. So if you flight landed 181 mins late you can add time to that until the doors open at the stand.
  • adamski76
    Options
    If your flights were delayed for more than 180 mins and as long as they were not delayed because of exceptional circumstances you can claim for both the outward and inward flight's. Google and download Vaubans guide and read. All explained in the guide.

Post details of both flights.
    Also it is not the time the plane lands but the time the doors open. So if you flight landed 181 mins late you can add time to that until the doors open at the stand.

TCX2526
    Date of flight: July 23rd, 2012
    Departure: Manchester
    Arrival: Dalaman

TCX2527
    Date of flight: July 30th, 2012 Departure: Dalaman
    Arrival: Manchester
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing