Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 August 2016 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Right here goes.
    Your flight was due to take off at 1.40 pm 23/07/2012 it actually took off at 7.01 pm 321 mins late. You should have landed and been at the gate at 8.00 pm but there is no actual time you arrived on flight stats but it was a 4hr 20 mins flight so unless it was flying at 1000 miles an hour it could not make up 142 mins on a 4hr 20 min flight to take you under the 3 hour limit.

Your return flight should have taken off at 9 pm 30/07/2012 there is no actual time of take off on flight stats but you should have arrived back at 11.35 pm the same day but landed and was at the gate at 2.36 am 31/07/2012 a delay of 181 mins.

If the reason's were not extraordinary circumstances you are due compensation of €400 per person for each flight.
    Read Vaubans guide and send a letter before action all explained in the guide.

If they refuse to pay you will have 1 year to take them to court if you live in Scotland and 2 years if you live in England. Don't let them drag this out be firm and don't play letter ping pong with them.
  • Mr_Bod
    Options
    Mr_Bod wrote: »
    Hello, my flight was due to leave MCO on 30st July at 18:40 (local time).
    When I went to check in (the first one), I was told of a delay and cannot check in at present (14:00 Local time). Further information was to follow (never did) and please wait.
    At 16:30 want to check in desk for any information on delay, the reply was we are putting you up in an hotel overnight.
    So flight next day leaving at 16:20 but delayed and we left at 17:30 on the 31st July.
    The only information I had was when i got off the plane at Gatwick still no explanation of why only saying they were delayed and that's all.
    Do you think i have a fair claim against the carrier or not ?
    Flight details Thomas cook MT493.
    Thank you all.

Alan.
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T: :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:
    Just revived email off TC, full compensation for the 4 in my party (600 euros each).

bloody marvellous, next years flights here we come.
  • jakehill307
    Options
    Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have recentley been delayed on a Thomas cook flight and from reading the MSE guide I believe I can apply for compensation.

My question is how to apply? the MSE guide I read says to draft a letter and they also have the resolver tool. The thomas cook website also has a specific online form I can fill in for making a flight delay claim, found at thomascook/customerrelations (forum wont let me post links)

Is there a best way to go? Going direct makes the most sense to me but then the guide does not suggest this and says instead to use the resolver tool.

Thanks in advance, Jake.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Google and download "Vaubans Guide" read and your template letter is there. What were the circumstances of your delay? Post details Day date flight details.
  • jakehill307
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, reading that now.

The flight was MT423 from Punta Cana to Manchester.

Original flight time was 16:40 on the 04/08/2016 but this was delayed by 23 hours 5 mins to 15:45 on the 05/08/2016.

We were given a letter from the operator on landing which apologised and said the reason for delay was a techincal fault.
  • Justice13075
    edited 7 August 2016 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Well if you have a letter saying it was a technical fault you should be ok. Did they put you up in a hotel and give you vouchers for food?
    Also your flight was cancelled not delayed should be a slam dunk as they say. As long as it was not cancelled due to extraordinary circumstances.
    Compensation should be €600 per person
  • jakehill307
    Options
    Yes we stayed in the same hotel we was in but had to move rooms. We were given a free drink on the flight home and I believe free premium movies (unless these are always free on the return).

All I know is it was a technical fault and the flight never left Manchester for Punta Cana on the 4th, hence the day delay. I am reading through the guide now then plan on claiming, I will let you know the outcome.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Even more of a claim because the technical fault did not effect your flight but the flight coming to pick you up. Known as a "knock on"
  • jakehill307
    Options
    UPDATE: Today my compensation was confirmed and we received the full 600 euros each. I applied for the compensation through the delay claim form on their website as opposed to posting a letter.
  • endaf
    endaf Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 August 2016 at 8:33AM
    Options
    Hello me again! Another update on my 26 month battle with TC to get compo that I'm legally due.....
    TC did not pay me within 28 days as ordered and then the court stated they had another 14 days or something before defaulting for some reason(the judge then took nearly 3 weeks to get back to me to award interest of £5!!!!) the 14 days passed, still no payment so I filed to get the bailiffs involved. They finally paid ...by cheque! which according to Manchester court they have to keep for a further 14 days before releasing funds to me!! So looks like it ll be September before I get the payment I'm due! It's a never ending story ! Can't believe the way they've dealt with my claim from start to finish, you couldn't make it up really but that's the latest on my never ending story!
    endaf wrote: »
    Me again-just a quick message to let anyone who has been following my case against TC that i have finally heard from the judge and she ruled in my favour!!
    I am chuffed! I cannot begin to thank all on here for the completely invaluable advice they've given. I am truly grateful!
    Awarded €1200 plus costs! As always though I have more questions!
    In my submission I'd asked for interest on that compensation but there was nothing mentioned in her judgement. Can I still ask for it? Also requested recompense for attending the court that day etc. Should I put in a further letter requesting those?
    Again I cannot thank you all for your advice. I truly believe I would have just given up once it was at court stage but with all how the step by step guides I was given and the expert advice I had, I had confidence not to give up. So anyone who is thinking of just giving
    Up and letting them win-DONT! Just go for it and show the big companies that they don't make the rules!
    A definite drink to celebrate tonight I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure