Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• endaf
    endaf Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No problem at all, let me know how you get on!
    beanie65 wrote: »
    So happy for you, have now emailed TC to see what they have to say, ccc you in the email hope that was OK and I bcc other passengers in on it. I've been sat back waiting to see how it went for you, if I get no joy with them I will go take other action :):T:T:T
  • Podcentral
    Options
    Hi - i was on that flight with you roystonscott

I was going to post the following but then saw your post and thought i would add to it instead:

"Last week (sunday night) we were due to fly home from Kos in Greece with Thomas Cook's Condor airline. The plane could not take off from Manchester so we were put up in a hotel for the night and an alternate flight was arranged for about 20 hrs later (monday evening/night).
    Come the next day, whilst waiting for the replacement flight and already over 20 hours delayed, we were told that the replacement plane had a broken weather radar and that we would not be flying on this day either!
    This time we were put up in a dire hotel with no luggage and didnt fly the following day (tuesday) until about 36hrs after the original flight time on sunday.
    Now Thomas Cook has offered us 400 euros each which i believe is the minimum payout if your flight is delayed over 3 hrs.
    However - shouldn't there be two payments, one for each flight that was delayed?
    Also what exactly is this 400 euro payment to compensate for? Is it for wrecked holiday or is it to cover expenses? I ask because i had to take 2 days of unpaid leave so while my wife and kids will receive 400 euros each i will end up with no compensation for the 3 days spent at an airport because it will all go on lost wages.
    At the moment Thomas Cook are saying that the 400 euros each is all we will get and our travel insurance company (via Nationwide plus account) is saying that they wont pay us anything because we have had a payout from thomas cook (we've not had the money yet by the way).
    So to summarise, should there be payments for 2 delayed flights or 1?
    And should i be able to claim for 2 days lost wages in addition to the 400 euros each?
    Many thanks in advance for any advice you can bestow."
    Steve
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1 No
    2 No

Check your travel insurance
  • BlowinMyTop
    BlowinMyTop Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2016 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Hello Roy,

I was on the outbound DE1724 that would have become your flight DE1725. I though we had it bad with the disgraceful service and contempt of Condor staff at Manchester until rumors of your return journey were heard at Kos airport.

Reading Condor's website, claims for delays by UK residents should be aimed at Thomas Cook Group UK, so double check for yourself and make your claim. I would also suspect (regardless of flight number) that you have two claims as you have been further delayed on a rescheduled flight and suggest calling Consumer Direct for clarification.

Did they tell you what was wrong with the aircraft as my family was on it and looking to find the details of the fault if you know anything?

Also, look to claiming consequential damages for your other losses..
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can only claim the compensation once. Unless you obtained a refund for the original cancelled flight then booked and paid for the second flight, that was then delayed.
    You need to have words with Nationwide Insurance. The compensation payment is an EU law called regulation 261/2004 and has NOTHING to do with your insurance, which you have paid good money for in your monthly account fee. You may have to escalate your complaint to financial ombudsman regarding the insurance - start talking about misselling and the bank will pretty quickly tow the line I would have thought.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did they tell you what was wrong with the aircraft as my family was on it and looking to find the details of the fault if you know anything?

Also, look to claiming consequential damages for your other losses..

The details of the fault do not have any bearing on a claim. A 'fault' is not an extraordinary circumstance therefore 261/2004 compensation due. End of.

Consequential damage claims are the responsibility of your insurers and the airline have no obligation for paying these.
  • Podcentral
    Options
    No, interestingly they didn't tell us anything about the fault on the first plane, though were quite clear on the second.
    Hope you still had a good holiday

Thank you everyone else for your replies, i will contact my insurance
  • Hillytag
    Options
    Hi all, sorry to jump in on your posts. We were delayed in 2013 for over 3 hours so i called Thomas Cook to request our booking reference number as i don't have it available. They were unable to find it (apparently) but i have photos of us on holiday and a payment on a credit card statement. Any ideas about how i can get the booking ref number?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hillytag wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry to jump in on your posts. We were delayed in 2013 for over 3 hours so i called Thomas Cook to request our booking reference number as i don't have it available. They were unable to find it (apparently) but i have photos of us on holiday and a payment on a credit card statement. Any ideas about how i can get the booking ref number?

You don't need it. As long as you know which flight, you are good to go. Read Vauban's excellent guide (referred to everywhere on this forum) for next steps.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could send a Subject Access Request
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts