Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Kaaz1234
    Options
    We had a 7 hour flight delay from Palma airport coming back to Gatwick, we completed a claim form on the Thomas Cook website but were told that we did not qualify for compensation because the delay was due to a technical fault to do with the hydrollic fluid?
    They said if we were not happy we should contact the CAA - is it worth doing this?
  • Neilious
    Options
    Hi All,

Looking for other people who were on this delayed flight from Kos->Manchester.
    Thomas Cook told us it was a technical fault when we tried to claim for the over 3hrs delay.
    We were told by the Rep, the Airport Thomas Cook people, and the Pilot that our plane had been used to replace a damaged plane elsewhere in the fleet. A sky bridge had hit another plane, so our plane was rerouted and used for that flight (so not a technical fault! the plane was fine) our new 2 seperate planes were delayed so we claimed and so far have been fobbed off!

I need to find anyone else from this flight. there were 7 of us altogether.
    Thanks
  • flymeaway
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    My post of yesterday deals with this point: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=63246122&postcount=3699.

First two paragraphs.

Did they not raise this in their skeleton argument previously? What did their preliminary defence say? What did their bundle of documents shared with you presumably a fortnight ago say?

Did not raise as a skeleton argument - was in amended defence pack received two weeks ago but to be honest I really didn't understand it! However, I now do thanks to you! Didn't feel comfortable in there today, felt very much like I was the wrongdoer and not TC
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I have just had a reply from Thomas Cook that as I have not been able to provide my booking ref, ticket or boarding card, they have not been able to find my booking and due to this will not be processing my claim.

I have tried to look for any old paperwork but its just bot about anymore, the flight was in august 2008, I booked online but I cannot find any old emails either.

Any idea if it is possible to find out what my booking ref is from Thomas Cook or should I just give it up as a lost cause?

Many thanks

Kathy

I had the same response from TC, my flight was in 2010

steve1500 wrote: »
    Travel agent will have it.

If you did it privately you will have to work out when you flew etc & find flight number

I booked direct with TC over the phone via one of their call centres. TC are refusing to do anything. I looked on the flight checker thing, I have provided them with flights numbers.

I have called and emailed and I am just being ignored.

Someone pointed out the following, many many posts ago, and he got found in minutes:

''It is a legal requirement that records have to be kept in order to check claims as well as for CAA purposes. Even if they are achieved and not immediately available on your system.''

So I put that in an email and a month later NO response.

What would be my next step?
    I see people ringing the compensation dept. What number exactly are you ringing, the only one I have is the bog standard customer relations number, and they play dumb and lead me on a merry dance.

It gets complicated as I was the lead passenger on the booking but the holiday deposit was paid for by my ex-husband, so I have NO access to bank statements etc.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    I see people ringing the compensation dept. What number exactly are you ringing, the only one I have is the bog standard customer relations number, and they play dumb and lead me on a merry dance.

NBA and court: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4421185
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    I had the same response from TC, my flight was in 2010

I booked direct with TC over the phone via one of their call centres. TC are refusing to do anything. I looked on the flight checker thing, I have provided them with flights numbers.

I have called and emailed and I am just being ignored.

Someone pointed out the following, many many posts ago, and he got found in minutes:

''It is a legal requirement that records have to be kept in order to check claims as well as for CAA purposes. Even if they are achieved and not immediately available on your system.''

So I put that in an email and a month later NO response.

It gets complicated as I was the lead passenger on the booking but the holiday deposit was paid for by my ex-husband, so I have NO access to bank statements etc.

You will neeed to do a Subject Access Request under Data Protection Act will cost £10. Remember to ask for everything thay have on you. They have to provide it by law
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    deani66 wrote: »
    I sent letters to Bradford and Peterborough, only Peterborough received so suggest you use that one.

TC are informaing the Courts that Bradford is now the address
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    You will neeed to do a Subject Access Request under Data Protection Act will cost £10. Remember to ask for everything thay have on you. They have to provide it by law
    Have a search for a SAR standard template. It can be a revalation what info they do actually hold on you!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Markie11
    Markie11 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2013 at 9:45AM
    Options
    About 7 weeks ago I passed on my case to NWNF company EUClaim/Bott&Co. I was told that they had contacted TC but had not received a response within 14 days, so they would wait another 14 days. About 3 weeks later I still hadn't heard so I contacted Bott&Co and asked for an update. The response was a simple 'we have not received a satisfactory response from Thomas Cook, we now reserve the right to issue court proceedings without further notice against them'. To me this means they had received a response at least. The remainder of the email was 'We will be looking to issue Court proceedings as soon as we can. We have a large number of claims which we are currently in the process of litigating on 1,100 I can confirm that you are in that number, and we are having to deal with them in date order as the limitation date is 6 years from the flight date therefore, we are looking at the older claims first dating back to 2007. Once we do begin to issue proceedings against the airline we will contact you via email.'

Based upon this I asked for timescales. However, in politician style I didn't get a straight answer "
    We are currently dealing with the older claims first dating back to 2007, we will notify you via email when we do begin to issue proceedings against the airline."

I can see that people have had favorable results from using NWNF companies but what are the 'experienced' timescales;
    • from raising a claim to court proceedings
    • from raising a claim to a result

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't expect a result anytime soon. Those that have done it themselves early took a good 6 months to get to court before the current glut of claims.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family