Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• tricia180
    Options
    I'm new to this busy reading through all the threads and FAQ, looking at the template though it should be very basic. Was hoping it might sway them to change their mind with a bit of luck. :)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tricia180 wrote: »
    Was hoping it might sway them to change their mind with a bit of luck. :)

I fear not, unfortunately. Be prepared to do a lot of work or hand your claim over to a NWNF firm.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    Excellent reply to superowl vauban :T:T:T

I can't add to it much. I would change the wording from 'airplane' to aeroplane.
    And there's a bit of punctuation to amend, mainly spaces between words. But that's ready to go otherwise. Cut and paste it superowl.

Just being nosy, further to the airlines description of events, what *really* happened, in a nutshell, please?
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    ...and I'm not answering the post that quotes the car breaking down :rotfl:
  • superowls
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Excellent reply to superowl vauban :T:T:T

I can't add to it much. I would change the wording from 'airplane' to aeroplane.
    And there's a bit of punctuation to amend, mainly spaces between words. But that's ready to go otherwise. Cut and paste it superowl.

Just being nosy, further to the airlines description of events, what *really* happened, in a nutshell, please?

In a nutshell - we set off from Manchester, heard a bang mid takeoff, flew for 1 hour, turned around and then landed back in Manchester, stayed in a hotel over night and then set off 23 hours later than we should.

Not sure if I should be including the following to counter the claim of ECs but the same plane actually had 3 problems with the number 2 engine in 21 days 1 before and 1 after our flight. It is also the same plane that failed takeoff in June (sure you have all seen it).
  • jimcbob
    Options
    superowls wrote: »
    In a nutshell - we set off from Manchester, heard a bang mid takeoff, flew for 1 hour, turned around and then landed back in Manchester, stayed in a hotel over night and then set off 23 hours later than we should.

Not sure if I should be including the following to counter the claim of ECs but the same plane actually had 3 problems with the number 2 engine in 21 days 1 before and 1 after our flight. It is also the same plane that failed takeoff in June (sure you have all seen it).

If I'm honest, I think that an engine surge is an extraordinary circumstance (assuming proper maintenance etc). Engine surges are very unusual events which are not really in the nature of routine technical failures. The Commission also considers, as I read their proposals to revise the Regulation, that in flight technical issues will usually be ECs.

Although I don't disagree with making the argument that it isn't an EC, I would suggest that you focus on the length of the consequent delay (although I don't know how much delay there was between landing back at MAN and departing again?). At a hub airport, it will be hard for the airline to show that it couldn't (without making intolerable sacrifices) have found a replacement plane / crew earlier, although you may need to consider factors such as night curfews etc at the airport.
  • Notgoingaway
    Options

Hi I'm new but have been lurking and reading many posts on here fascinating stuff!
    I will post more details about our case soon,but your post got me interested ,was the plane you had trouble with the a332 reg - g-omyt? I have seen the list of engine troubles this plane has had on avherald.com.
    the reason being we were due to fly out of Sanford tcx893 on the 10th nov 2012 which was delayed/cancelled some 7 hrs .I suspect this was either going to be our plane or our delay was a knock on effect from this engine troubled! Plane(g-omyt)
  • superowls
    Options
    Hi I'm new but have been lurking and reading many posts on here fascinating stuff!
    I will post more details about our case soon,but your post got me interested ,was the plane you had trouble with the a332 reg - g-omyt? I have seen the list of engine troubles this plane has had on avherald.com.
    the reason being we were due to fly out of Sanford tcx893 on the 10th nov 2012 which was delayed/cancelled some 7 hrs .I suspect this was either going to be our plane or our delay was a knock on effect from this engine troubled! Plane(g-omyt)

Yes, this was the plane in question, we ended up taking the plane from the Las Vagas flight (33 hour delay for them).
  • Notgoingaway
    Options
    Yes, this was the plane in question, we ended up taking the plane from the Las Vagas flight (33 hour delay for them).
    I have also just read that the Las Vegas flight was then later given g-omyt 10th November but were unable to take off due to engine problems.
  • flymeaway
    Options
    Today was the day I thought we would settle this - wrong! TC turned up represented by a lawyer and two witnesses. Case was adjourned, TC claiming that I had no right to bring the case to the court and the court has no right of jurisdiction to rule as per Graham & Anor -v- TC. Flabbergasted is an understatement and all this for 600 Euros. Appreciate any experts on here's assistance on this - new hearing unlikely to be before Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure