Virgin 6 month sim-only contract. £0 after cashback.

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just so you know e2saverep has had permission to post on this thread.

Archna
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    I'm happy to stand corrected on this issue - especially as E2Save have now stated on the record that they will honour resubmissions upon proof of delivery. I trust that the usual claims deadlines are waived under these circumstances?

However, don't assume that all other retailers will be so reasonable on this particular issue.

Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • Happy_Camper_3
    Options
    skip2mylou wrote: »
    order the same deal from another CPW subsidiary - thephonespot - and get £50 via quidco.

Could you let me know if this has been successful. This is what it says on Quidco:

"ThePhoneSpot is an online mobile phone retailer from The Carphone Warehouse.
    For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:
    £50 for a valid completed application for a mobile phone. Commission is paid on a per-order basis."

Must you buy a phone to get this offer, or is just signing up for this deal sufficient? Thanks in advance.
    *dreaming of retiring early through pure money-saving*
    Money saved from weekly tips: £600 annually
    :T
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If Reestit Mutton was correct then e2save would not advise the use of recorded delivery for sending in the claims - they would specify special delivery.

As it is "advice", and not part of the T&Cs, it is not automatically incumbent upon the retailer to extend claims deadlines for undelivered claims. Thankfully, E2Save have since confirmed on record that they will honour resubmitted claims upon proof of delivery.

I wouldn't be so sure that all retailers will be so lenient on this point.

regards,
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would also normally advise people to use Special Delivery - this is particularly important with many mobile retailers that require that you send the original bills within a short time frame (and therefore if they are lost in the post, there is no way of getting them back or hitting the deadline - most of these with hoops also specifically exclude duplicates). However, in the case of e2save and CPW etc I would make an exception as they allow 60 days to claim, will allow (or specifically ask for) photocopies or print outs of the documents and have asked for recorded delivery.

Slightly off-topic, but looking at posts on these discussion boards, I think it is a brave person who would send their claim through the normal post without Recorded or Special Delivery (the latter for those requiring originals) - from experience, the first question asked when you phone up chasing the cashback (which I had to do with a number of retailers) was "did you send it recorded" or "there is no record of this claim being received" (until you give them the receipt, then surprisingly it is "waiting to be entered on the system" no matter how long they have had it!)? I am not saying retailers wouldn't check the system and that all letters to them are added to the system, but I suspect that some of the less scrupulous retailers will say that they have not received it (as a matter of policy) unless you can give them the tracking receipt (i.e. bin or ignore any that you cannot prove arrived).

Anon
  • e2saverep
    e2saverep Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, we accept the proof of post if your claim gets lost in the post as it is a rare occurrence. However for a claim to go through the proof of posting must be sent to us within the period allowed for claiming cashback (one month).

On our confirmation email, as those of you who have ordered will have found out, we state the terms of claiming and we state recorded delivery as the method of sending a claim. Some customers do choose to use special delivery but it is up to the individual.

e2saverep
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    e2saverep wrote: »
    ... for a claim to go through the proof of posting must be sent to us within the period allowed for claiming cashback (one month).

Fair enough.

But why can't e2save honour their side to this contract, and get the cheques to us within the time scale stated (which is 30 days - there is not enough bandwith to accomodate those of us who have been made to wait far longer than 30 days for a cheque from you to post about it here)
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    e2saverep wrote: »
    Hi guys, we accept the proof of post if your claim gets lost in the post as it is a rare occurrence. However for a claim to go through the proof of posting must be sent to us within the period allowed for claiming cashback (one month).

On our confirmation email, as those of you who have ordered will have found out, we state the terms of claiming and we state recorded delivery as the method of sending a claim. Some customers do choose to use special delivery but it is up to the individual.

e2saverep

The problem here is that the customer is sometimes blissfully unaware that there is anything remiss.

In at least one case that I know of, proof of actual delivery was available but E2Save had no knowledge of the claim. Had the customer in question simply trusted the Post Office delivery info available the claims deadline would have expired before she would have suspected something was wrong.

May I be so bold as to make a helpful suggestion here?...why not allow a reasonable period from the theoretical due date of the cashback payment (calculated as the provable date of postage + your standard cashback payment timescale) for the customer to raise an issue and resubmit with proof of original delivery? Afterall, many customers won't even realise that a problem exists until the expected payment date has passed.

regards
    Reestit Mutton
  • jedeye
    jedeye Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I 'purchased' the deal last week via quidco but unfortuanetly it wasn't tracked. I've queried them and I'm sure they will investigate appropriately.

About registered post vs special delivery, as e2save accept photocopies this isn't much of a problem. If you sent a copy of your bill asap you can track the delivery with registered post online. If it hasn't been delivered in a week (usually it takes 1-2 days) I would sent another claim in. If special delivery is £5 per go, at least you have 5 chances of delivery!!

I retained my number from 02 and the transfer took a week to go through.

Reading Virgins t&c's they say if you go abroad you have to place a deposit of £150. This seems really poor, especially for contract users. Apart from that I'm quite happy with Virgin so far - especially with the fact that you can track your txt and calls made online.

Regards,

jedeye
  • glenderg
    glenderg Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you access tracked items on there, I can't seee it when I enter the site?
    Thanks
    Lynne

Click on earnings at the top of the page that appears when you log in, the next page should look something like this

My Earnings

TransactionsPaymentsEnquiries
    Tracked Added Validated Received Paid Declined Total
    Mar 2007 3.60 3.60 GBP
    Feb 2007 120.10 120.10 GBP
    Jan 2007 0.20 130.04 130.24 GBP
    Aug 2006 32.50 32.50 GBP
    All 120.30 3.60 162.54 286.44 GBP
    Admin Fees -5.00 -5.00 GBP
    Total GBP 120.30 3.60 157.54 281.44 GBP

It didn't copy very well but i think you will work it out.:beer:
    Be good to the young on their way up you might need them on your way down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure