Virgin 6 month sim-only contract. £0 after cashback.

Options

Comments

• GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have £50 showing as 'tracked' from The Phone Spot in my Quidco account from purchasing one of these SIM-only deals.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • tes2312
    tes2312 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I'm about to buy a new phone and just saw this deal. I'm planning on getting a samsung E600(may change mind though). so far the best deal i can find is to buy it from phones4u for £99.99 (+ have to buy £10 of credit in the deal but get £10 back from Quidco so they cancel out). I was going to get it on O2 who I've been with for a while, then i saw this deal. What i want to know is will it be easy / possible to buy this phone from phones4u on the virgin pay as you go. and buy this virgin £15 sim deal and put it straight in that phone (swaping back to the pay as you go when i run out of free minutes / texts to use up the £10 credit on it)?

On another note can this deal be used for more than one person in a household? because, all my family (mother, farther, sister and my girl friend) could take up this deal (there on pay as you go at the moment) or is it one per household? Also on the same note if all my family can get this deal can we all use the same Quidco to get the £36.50 on each deal (total of £182.5 via Quidco)?
    Thanks in advance
    TES2312
  • e2saverep
    e2saverep Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    You can have one per person. This is based on a credit check on the individual, so if all your family had credit acceptance by Virgin you could each have one.
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tes2312 wrote: »
    Hi I'm about to buy a new phone and just saw this deal. I'm planning on getting a samsung E600(may change mind though). so far the best deal i can find is to buy it from phones4u for £99.99 (+ have to buy £10 of credit in the deal but get £10 back from Quidco so they cancel out). I was going to get it on O2 who I've been with for a while, then i saw this deal. What i want to know is will it be easy / possible to buy this phone from phones4u on the virgin pay as you go. and buy this virgin £15 sim deal and put it straight in that phone (swaping back to the pay as you go when i run out of free minutes / texts to use up the £10 credit on it)?
    It would be both easy and possible!
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • chimp_choker
    Options
    forgive the ignorance here but I'm new to the idea of quidco etc. Actually never heard of it before.

Ok so how do I get one of these £15 virgin deals via quidco or the phonespot?? I've been on the sites and can't find the £15 deal with the moneyback sim card only. Obviously I'll have to sign up for the quidco and pay my fiver etc but then what?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Take care,

Chimp choker
  • tee_3
    tee_3 Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some advice sought as follows please:

I have a T-Mobile contract coming to an end. Am I right in stating that because Virgin use T-Mobile that the sim will be compatible without unlocking the phone (it is a Motorolla E1 which is not so easy to unlock), and secondly can you transfer a number from T-Mob to Virgin.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tee
  • MOCHA
    MOCHA Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    Could you let me know if this has been successful. This is what it says on Quidco:

"ThePhoneSpot is an online mobile phone retailer from The Carphone Warehouse.
    For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:
    £50 for a valid completed application for a mobile phone. Commission is paid on a per-order basis."

Must you buy a phone to get this offer, or is just signing up for this deal sufficient? Thanks in advance.

I placed an order with The Phone Spot via Quidco for this offer and it's showing up as a tracked transaction due for payment in June 2007 (£50).......nothing ventured etc...........good luck!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry if I've missed it (I'm so tired at the mo - long story) but...

when does this offer expire?

My contract is up on 24th May.
  • Skeksis
    Skeksis Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    I've been considering this deal as an alternative to PAYG, but I need to know if I cancel the contract after 6 months will the sim just revert to a PAYG, as I wouldn't want to change my number again.
  • Ed..._2
    Ed..._2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Skeksis wrote: »
    I've been considering this deal as an alternative to PAYG, but I need to know if I cancel the contract after 6 months will the sim just revert to a PAYG, as I wouldn't want to change my number again.
    Evening Skeksis,

I may well be wrong, but these days it's much easier to get a PAC (Port authorisation code) from the network provider you are leaving to transfer your phone number to whichever network you then decide to join. Whether it works in quite the same way with Pay As You Go I'm not sure, as the networks aren't making quite the same money out of you!

Hope this helps, Ed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport