Virgin 6 month sim-only contract. £0 after cashback.

Options

Comments

• Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Martin,

Recorded Delivery doesn't gain you any more than proof of delivery. If Royal Mail fail to deliver (we all know that their reliability is not 100%), you will only be indemnified against the value of the contents of the envelope (a couple of pieces of paper worth pennies), not the consequences of failed delivery. For this, you need Special Delivery with consequential loss cover @ approx £5 a time.

Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Poor advice.

There is no need to spend around £5 a time sending in claims to e2save.

They require you to use recorded delivery - which provides proof of posting as well as proof of delivery.

Should your recorded delivery claim get lost en route, your proof of posting will satisfy e2save and they will then accept another copy of the claim.
  • thesaint
    thesaint Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Poor advice.

There is no need to spend around £5 a time sending in claims to e2save.

They require you to use recorded delivery - which provides proof of posting as well as proof of delivery.

Should your recorded delivery claim get lost en route, your proof of posting will satisfy e2save and they will then accept another copy of the claim.

Can you give a source for this information, as I believe Reestit Mutton is correct.
    Well life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.
  • Quentin
    Options
    If Reestit Mutton was correct then e2save would not advise the use of recorded delivery for sending in the claims - they would specify special delivery.
    We advise you to send this by recorded delivery
  • annieme
    annieme Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    I started to order the sim card but don't know how to get rid of the 'free' insurance. I don't want to be paying for it after the first 3 months. Can anyone help please?
  • Quentin
    Options
    You can just accept the free insurance, then cancel it by cancelling the direct debit once it has been set up on your bank account - after 2 and a bit months so you get the benefit of the "free" deal.
  • lynnechapman
    Options
    I ordered last night and this morning Quidco shows the £36.50 as being tracked :)

How do you access tracked items on there, I can't seee it when I enter the site?
    Thanks
    Lynne
  • eaustin
    eaustin Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you sign up for this are you able to retain your existing mobile number? Also, would there be any problems using it internationally? I seem to remember I had a virgin pay as you go phone a few years ago and had to pay a £200 bond to use it overseas.
  • thegobbyone
    Options
    Martin,

Recorded Delivery doesn't gain you any more than proof of delivery. If Royal Mail fail to deliver (we all know that their reliability is not 100%), you will only be indemnified against the value of the contents of the envelope (a couple of pieces of paper worth pennies), not the consequences of failed delivery. For this, you need Special Delivery with consequential loss cover @ approx £5 a time.

Reestit Mutton

Hi there, i actually work for them and i know that sending recorded delivery is sufficient. The receipt you get given by the post office will act as proof of postage and they will then honour the claim on receipt of the correct documents, Please only send copy bills not the originals as you'll probably get charged for duplicate statements from the network if you lose your original copy of the bill. :j
  • e2saverep
    e2saverep Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, I work for e2save also. If you follow thegobbyone you won't go wrong. A claim being lost in the post is a rare occurrence and in the event of this occurring feel free to contact us so we can help.

For all cash back queries you can view our cash back centre on our home page:

http://www.e2save.com/faq.php?show=CAA

If you lose your cashback claim vouchers you can download new ones at:

http://www.e2save.com/popups/Chequebackform.pdf

If you have queries regarding porting your number please also visit:

http://www.e2save.com/faq.php?show=CAA

and go to 'number transfer'.

And if you are still stuck our dedicated customer service team can be reached on 0845 655 5522.

Thanks ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport