PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Easter Sunday 08/04/2007

Options

Comments

• mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Easter to you all!!

Just got back from Holland, where it was lovely and sunny too, fantastic what a week away from it all can do for you.

Obviously I have loads to do today, washing and drying being the main chores!! But at least we can hang the washing out to dry in the sun can't we?

I want to buy some plants for the garden and do that over the next couple of days - so lots of digging to do.

Have eaten loads of biccies and ice cream so will have to partake in a little chocolate before I start back on my diet!!

Enjoy your Easter guys,

take care,

BB xx

Hi Bargainbabe, Glad you enjoyed your time in Holland, did you go and see the tulips? I am a dutch "girl" living in Scotland and I really miss Holland this time of year, I bought 3 bunches of tulips and have them on my coffee table in a huge vase, but they are much better enjoyed in huge fields or beds..
    My sister is coming over tomorrow from Holland and she loves the views here in Scotland... (so do I really)

Hopefully the weather will stay great next week. Hope everyone has a lovely easter, eating chocolate and being with their family..

Esther
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    With reference to the kids getting to many eggs

The first year i split from my ex my daughter got 20 eggs as instead of getting one from us she got from him and me etc

when i got with my OH she then got 3 lots from aunties uncles etc.. so a few years ago i asked people not to get her eggs but to club together get her some school socks underwear etc and now she needs bra's ( my little girl is growing into a little lady) she still gets the odd egg but its no were near the 26 she got a couple of years ago, still had some left in august when she made chocolate crispies and gave them away lol

This year she has had underwear, some money to buy a bra grandad didnt know which one :rotfl: and we got her some shorts for her hols.. some family members clubbed together and got her some new nightwear.

she has 2 eggs here waiting for her and that should be enough thank god.

Rose
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I love holland - but dont tell everyone or they'll want to go and it'll be spoiled ;)

another day at the keyboard for me :(
    looks lovely out there too, sunshine :)
    x x x
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy Easter:easter_os

I'm eating a Green and Blacks egg for breakfast :D The kids have eaten some of the egg my mum gave them. They get one egg from my mum, I buy small eggs to hide in the garden and mil usually gives them some money or a small gift. I'd prefer her to give an egg as I don't think Easter is a time for presents. She's frightened of giving my dd something with nuts, though, that really isn't a problem -M&S have a whole range of nut-free Easter eggs.

Anyway a lovely day here today. I have a roast chicken planned for supper followed by rhubarb crumble. Lunch is going to be a 'breakfast' - black pudding, bacon, beans, eggs and fried bread. Well, with all the chocolate you might as well go all the way down the unhealthy foods route :rolleyes:
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

The PITA is here and clearing out more of his stuff. DD is actually sat up in the bedroom helping him, probably not the best idea in the world but that is where she wanted to be and if she breaks down in tears this time he can bl**dy well deal with the aftermath! And maybe it might give her some closure.

I still can't do anything with him here, so I am going to watch the rest of my Rosemary and Thyme series that I taped the other weekend. Car Boot tomorrow, will be nice to buy anything I want without him moaning about whether I need it or not. Plus with all his CD's and DVD's gone I will have plenty of shelf space for pretty ornaments now :D

So I have discovered the best way to declutter your house is to lose your husband :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, morning all, happy easter
    :EasterBun :easter_os :icotbaske

I woke up at 8:30 by DD. DS1 and DS2 were already up and waiting for easter eggs. But told them they'd got to have brekky first ( is that really mean?). I've slept for 11hrs as was at work on fri night and only managed to catch an hoour sleep yesterday.:o .
    The kids have had a few more eggs than first anticipated and still have a few more to come:eek:
    DD is wondering what is going on as it is her first proper easter as last year she was only 3mnths, so looks a little bewildered this morning at all these boxes.
    Will be putting some washing on later, dw needs going on and bm sounds good to me for bread tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if any supermarkets are open today??(prob daft question I know). Will be going to my sis's to take her belated birthday gifts and niece's easter mini eggs.
    Might think about going in the garden and trying to sort it out with kids, might get them to plant sunflowers,as they quite enjoy that.
    Hope everyone has a good day and is not too sick from too much choccy(if that is possible).:D
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • SSB
    SSB Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    :easter: to you all!
    It is lovely and sunny here, I am still pottering in my dressing gown:p . DD and DS phoned from Finland, they are having a brilliant time and being spoiled rotten by my mother and aunt. I had a lovely night out with DH last night, a meal and cinema, heaven...
    Never mind all that, now it is time to get ready and take the dog for a walk. I am working 14.00-22.00 today, hostel work recognises no holidays since easter is not high on the agenda for our homeless residents. I work there part-time, hopefully todays shift is a quiet one but you never know.
    Wishing you all a peaceful and chocolatey day:D .
    SSB :D
  • tickb26
    tickb26 Posts: 618 Forumite
    Options
    moggins i,m thinking of you and (((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))) to you and DD feeling sorry for DD as can rember what it was like when my perants spilt only it was my mum that left us. things will get better for you both.

just keep smiling and rember eveyone here is thinking of you and sending hugs.
    Tickb26
    XOXOXO
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Easter greetings! :icotbaske

Wish I could :EasterBun but mouth is bruised after yesterdays extraction!:sad: Tooth did not want to go easily! At least the pain from the abcess is gone!:T Going to have mocha coffee with a straw instead!:rolleyes: I have a lovely thorntons egg with my name on it for later when my mouth has recovered.

((((Hugs)))) to Moggins and family! I know just what you mean about the boot sale restrictions, go and spoil yourself you deserve it!

The weather is lovely and i am going to have my coffee in the garden, just hope the neighbours aren't about to see me dribble!:o :rotfl:

Have a lovely day everyone!

Catz x

:easter: :easter: :easter: :easter: :easter:
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Little_Miss_Saver
    Options
    kal25 wrote: »

Does anyone know if any supermarkets are open today??(prob daft question I know).

The Tesco's by us is open today as a friend of mine works there and she has had to go in today not sure what hours I would assume normal sunday hours?
    :confused:
    Mortgage Balance 1st May 2009 £94749.00 :(
    Current End Date 1st April 2039.
    Total Overpayments to date £950.00 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts