PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Easter Sunday 08/04/2007

Options

Comments

• PoshPaws_3
    PoshPaws_3 Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Quasar, you and me both.

Our little Guinea Pig died of old age a week ago and today's dinner was the first time I'd used broccoli since then. I stood there with the broccoli stalk and no piggie to give it to and couldn't bear to throw it away, so I cut it up and chucked it in the steamer and ate it myself. No jokes about which piggie ate it in the end, please!! :D
    :hello: I'm very well, considering the state I'm in. :hello:
    Weight loss since 2 March 10 : 13lbs
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - Happy Easter:)

Happy Birthday to anyone who is celebrating one

Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Had one of my eggs already:D

Feel tired today - had a busy day yesterday. Got the car and went for a drive in it - fab weather for it!! Today is rather overcast but was lovely this morning.

Went to a restaurant and got rather sloshed and slept OK but up too early, so napping a lot today. Made a brocolli and cauliflower bake and apple crumble. Also made a potato bake for tomorrow with bread and butter pudding for afters. Our son is coming over tomorrow so having M&S Chinese we got with the M&S vouchers, as well.

Made a Simnel cake Friday and had a slice - very nice - did the 11 balls with some cut price marzipan my OH got for me then did the browning with a brulee flame thrower.

Tomorrow, the person is coming for a viewing with a friend before going back to Gibralter, hopefully that will be the end of continual tidying and viewings and it officially started this week. I got another viewer who put a note of interest in ask to see it today but told her the offer had been formally accepted. We did ask if she would want to contacted should anything happen. It is Scotland but I still don't trust things. The woman who rang yesterday seems a bit flakey, whereas the women who is buying is more stable.

We accepted a slightly lower offer than originally wanted but it is still good, she has sold and want it all to end to be honest - it has been a stressful 10 weeks!
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, this is me today-

:EasterBun :EasterBun :EasterBun

:rotfl:

There's 3 loads of washing on the line, all washed with a short spin so hardly any ironing :T

Mr tru is sorting out the veg patch - we've got leeks, toms, sprouts, 2 types of lettuce, carrots, cucs, rocket, 2 types of garlic, radishes, 2 types of onion, rhubarb, tayberries, blackberries, loganberries, red grapes, white grapes, strawberries, rosemary, 2 types of basil, chives, parsley, marjaram, dill and a cherry tree. And mr tru lost the cord from his shorts so he has a builder's bum :rotfl:
    Bulletproof
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moggins

Has he gone?

Had a quiet day and got several loads of washing done.

Made garlic and lemon chicken with roast potatoes, huge Yorkie, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli,and mushy peas. Everyone seemed to enjoy it anyway.

DH not too pleased as Dds are watching "Night at the Museum" and he wanted to watch "Antiques Roadshow".

He has cheered up a bit and is actually watching some of it!

DDs going to watch "Grey's Anatomy" later which i usually love but think it may be a bit sad and depressing from what DD tells me. Friend has Sky so she is ahead of us.

Hugs to everybody
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening!

HAPPY EASTER!:easter: :EasterBun hope you've enjoyed your eggs!(I have;) )

Happy Birthday Groatie Queen:bdaycake: hope you've had a great day!

Its been lovely here today, done 3 loads of washing and ironing, been carbooting but only bought a book,mowed the lawns and did some gardening and also managed a sit in the garden with my book.Earlier me and DH took his pigeons training to Ledbury. Now I'm about to dish up roast beef for tea.

(((hugs))) to those in need esp Moggins and her DD xxx

bye for now xxx
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    'evening all!!!!!!!!!!! we had not planned on being at the apartment at all today, allotment this morning, little snooze this afternoon. Roast beef and all the trimmings for supper, settles to watch TV and the TV decided that it was going to act up, so we have come over here to watch TV till 9pm, we will then go back to the house for a bath and bed.

Moggins I hope that 'IT' has gone, have not read back through the thread yet..........

Hope you have all had a happy easter...........see y'all tomorrow........
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, really tired having a do nothing today - is that the way it goes apart from 4th load of washing just about to finish? Really enjoying holidays but tired. May be just needed a chill out day. Think now a glass of red in order.

Up to Mum's at Bridge of Earn tomorrow then picking boys up Tuesday - now just for 2 sleeps. Forecast good so Links Farm at Dunbar looking good!

Love

GB
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back here for a moan - I'm now jealous of Moggins managing to get rid of 'PITA' as he's been named as my LH (lesser half) is being ignorant, again. He's worked extra this weekend, spent the days in bed inc until 4pm today then went to work, after turning his nose up at what I had cooked which mean't me making something else! Then he's called from work to say he's going out drinking with his Dad tomorrow. He's annoyed me as the kids have hardly seen him this weekend, plus I've been ill I just think he's being inconsiderate. Maybe I'm a little shorter tempered because I'm exhausted etc. Grrrr grump grump!! Ok moan over !

Right, this evening got all laundry put away (there was a lot from today and yesterday), got the winter duvet vacuum packed (was amazed how small it went but took some getting in that bag, pleased noone was watching) was going to repair LHs trousers but he's annoyed me so I am not going to, put a wash load in to go out in the morning which includes the washing basket cover as it's empty :) Ok there is a pile of darks off today next to washer as kids and me been in the garden but that'll go straight in afterwards..Kitchen is tidier but didn't make much, half of what I did makes gone already.

Friend called over earlier, but not for too long with me being full of cold and DS1 having tummy upset as she's pregnant. She brought her scan piccy over, how sweet was tiny, but scary bit is appears to have a horn :rotfl: so everyones calling the little one 'alien baby' at the mo.

Going to see what trash is on tele I can watch while the boys are STILL settling to sleep, I was hoping for an early night but never mind eh!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PoshPaws wrote: »
    Quasar, you and me both.

Our little Guinea Pig died of old age a week ago and today's dinner was the first time I'd used broccoli since then. I stood there with the broccoli stalk and no piggie to give it to and couldn't bear to throw it away, so I cut it up and chucked it in the steamer and ate it myself. No jokes about which piggie ate it in the end, please!! :D

Awwww so sorry about piggie :( At least it lived life to the full and by the sound of it, was well loved.:)

I never throw away broccoli stalks. I just pare off the dry scuffed bit at the bottom then dice the stalk and cook it. Being starchy, it serves like potatoes, and it has much of the goodness of the broccoli head.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • tickb26
    tickb26 Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all,

went mums today had a lovely afternoon sitting in the sun. rice crispy cakes went down well to. had to tell mum off tho she got us all an easter egg each and she has just been made redundent so cant realy aford to spend that sort of money on choc.

got 3 loads of washing done today but think thats it will have to do more tomorow.

by the sound of it you all had good days well apart from lil_me and her LH
    my OH does that to me lil_me i hate it.

tick xoxo
    Tickb26
    XOXOXO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income