PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easter Sunday 08/04/2007

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 08/04/2007. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

4i46mtl.gifHappy easter everyone.

2n8towk.jpg groatie queen, I hope you have a great day. :D

I admit now that I haven't been to bed, :eek: :eek: but tomorrow I am off to the Llyn Peninsula with my family to visist my OH's nephew (long standing arrangement) OH says he can do the journey, (I have charged my phone in case of a problem) and the 3 LO's are really looking forward to their day by the sea, picnic and loads of easter eggs. Who am I to spoil that?

OS wise I have finally got my act together and have 3 loads of washing on the line to dry tommorrow and will get a chicken casserole in the slow cooker before we go - for tea. I so do not want to go as I want to curl up in a snuggly fairy blanket and take time out for a while - I can't. The last time I felt this low was when my dad died. I talk, I post, I function IYKNWIM. I so want some time out. Guess thats life though.:rolleyes:

grannybroom, your wise words are very much appreciated, and yes I am 'limiting' what he can do, My gran died last year and it's like hearing her voice all over again. Lovely.

Moggins - shucks, TPITA'ses are never easy to get rid of - I hope DD can draw from your strength at this time.

4cixhlc.gifhugs to all in need today.

I hope you all have a good day.

Smoky. xxxxxx
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
DFW No 172.

Comments

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    MORNING and Happy Easter to ALL:EasterBun

I'm awake because i'm thinking to much of what needs doing lol,
    Was in Sunny Glasgow last week and for 6 days it never rained that must have been a record as it always rains when i go back home to Glasgow,
    We went through to Edinburgh as dd wanted to see Scotlands Capital, hadnt been in Edinburgh for 30 years doesnt change much.

I'm on my own at the moment as we left dd in Peterborough on the way back from Glasgow for a week with her Dad oh how she wasnt looking forward to that lol but fingers x he makes the effort and doesnt blow quality time with her or she will stop going she is 12 and she can make her own mind up now.
    Oh is visiting friends in London and i couldnt be bothered to go after all the travelling so i just chilled on the sofa with a bottle of IRN BRU brought back from glasgow lol

Today im hanging out 3 loads of holiday washing that ive already washed weather report looks nice for drying them.

other than that and dropping some eggs off at the In laws for the nieces and nephews im chilling again as i think i deserve it

Have a nice day everyone and catch up with you all laters

Rose xxxx
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning smokey and jockettuk and all to follow..

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY

Going to London today to see the inlaws . fil had his last session of ceemo yesterday, so we are all keeping our fingers crossed, its sad to see him like this as he has allways been a strong hard working man, i just want him to be fit and well again.

Smokey ... i think a day out will be a good thing, a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air for you all, try and have a good time.. hugs to you x x x

i have been munched several times in the garden, i have bites on my hands and legs, they allways bite me.. never him !!!!!!!

well im off for a coffee and a bite of easter egg !!!!! yep.. i can eat chocolate at anytime !!!!, need to load wm and dw... back soon
    Loraine x x x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GROATIE QUEEN X X X X
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - glad to see I'm not the only one up early - yet again! Woke up at 4.10 and couldn't get back to sleep. Have visitors staying for Easter and they were joined by more - who only came for the day - yesterday so mass catering although SIL brought delicious pudding with her! Oh - and six bottles of wine some of which we are taking to a barbecue across the road this afternoon. That was a lovely surprise invite so I won't have to cook today (that's really OS moneysaving because I have saved a meal which I had planned for six of us and - because it is usually just OH and me - that means three meals extra in my stock!) Anyway, yesterday was hectic because, besides all the visitors, both DSs and their OHs and DGS and DGD called in and, was I glad the weather was so good because we spent most of the day in the garden! Did cold meat and salad for lunch and then our visitors who were staying went out and bought fish and chips for dinner - which we haven't had for ages because not OS. Had a couple of glasses of Buck's Fizz and couldn't keep my eyes open after about 8.30 p.m. Had lovely bubbly bath that DH ran for me - he does that every night, I'm very lucky! I say 'I think I'll have a bath now' and he runs it for me - every night! Perhaps he's telling me something (?) Anyway, I went to bed before everyone else because I was SO tired which was great because I had a good half an hour to read but I am now up before everyone else - don't mind that because I can use the computer in peace but it means I'll probably be first one asleep again tonight especially as I think some wine will be sunk at the barbecue!

I made Easter baskets for everyone this year because it worked out a lot cheaper - found lovely baskets at .99p for two and just bought mini-eggs and some of the little eggs you can buy in bags of about 20 - some are a bit dented but they are for testing by whoever is making the baskets; tied some ribbon to the handles and added a yellow chick - I just love those chicks - they're still really cheep-cheep and they don't seem to have changed over the years, do they? And I'm talking many many years here!

I'm just finishing a cup of coffee now and then off to have a shower before everyone else gets up. House is getting a bit muddled now - and after all my cleaning and tidying ready for my visitors! - but I have decided to just do the basics and wait until they have all gone and I have some peace and quiet! I can't leave the washing, though - all this perfect drying weather can't go to waste!

Lovely pics smokeybabe! And, jockettuck - have a great day chillin!

Happy Easter Sunday to you all - especially the earlyrisers!:j :j :easter: :EasterBun :easter_ba :icotbaske :easter_os :grouphug: :hello: :hello:
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j :easter: :EasterBun :easter_ba :easter_os :icotbaske :hello: :grouphug:
    AMIE399 wrote: »
    Good morning smokey and jockettuk and all to follow..

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY

Going to London today to see the inlaws . fil had his last session of ceemo yesterday, so we are all keeping our fingers crossed, its sad to see him like this as he has allways been a strong hard working man, i just want him to be fit and well again.

Smokey ... i think a day out will be a good thing, a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air for you all, try and have a good time.. hugs to you x x x

i have been munched several times in the garden, i have bites on my hands and legs, they allways bite me.. never him !!!!!!!

well im off for a coffee and a bite of easter egg !!!!! yep.. i can eat chocolate at anytime !!!!, need to load wm and dw... back soon
    Loraine x x x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GROATIE QUEEN X X X X
    Hi Amie - you must have been posting same time as me so Happy Easter to you to. Hope everything goes well with your FIL.

My DH is the one who always gets bitten in our house - I rarely do. I don't know why that is - different blood group or something? My DH says I don't get bitten because they wouldn't dare! I'm not a dragon really! Anyway, have a great Easter and eats lots of choccie - I will! I'll look in again later if I haven't had too much wine and am still awake!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Miss_Behaving
    Options
    Happy Easter all

Just finished playing easter bunny and hiding eggs in the garden - it's freezing out there at the moment! Had to be very quiet as DD chose to sleep outside in the tent last night to try and apprehend the bunny as the eggs were left:rolleyes:

Not a lot planned for today - going to go and look at a national trust garden to try and get some inspiration and and then spend the rest of the day spuddling about in the greenhouse/garden (oh, and helping to eat the eggs the children found :D )

AMIE399 apparently if you eat Marmite, it stops the insects attacking you as they hate the stuff!

Hope everyone has a terriffic day.
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
  • AMIE399
    Options
    MIOLIERE...hope you have a great bbq..... ref.. the chicks..... yep i agree they look the same as when i was a kid.. my dd loves them, but so does the cat !!!!!

just had a coffee in the garden !!!!! in the summer i allways sit in the garden as the sun is rising.... ( in my dressing gown !! ) i know im a nutter !!!!! its a nice peaceful thing to do and im up anyway, my neighbours must think that i have lost the plot !!! but ive been doing it for the last 7 years... does anyone else do this ?

loraine
    started 27/1/10
  • AMIE399
    Options
    miss behaving..... i love marmite .. thanks. x x x x x

i have decided to cook a full english breakfast this morning for us all, as i dont have to do any other cooking today.... has anyone ever tried making their own hash browns ?
    started 27/1/10
  • Miss_Behaving
    Options
    AMIE399 wrote: »
    just had a coffee in the garden !!!!! in the summer i allways sit in the garden as the sun is rising.... ( in my dressing gown !! ) i know im a nutter !!!!! its a nice peaceful thing to do and im up anyway, my neighbours must think that i have lost the plot !!! but ive been doing it for the last 7 years... does anyone else do this ?

loraine

I do this too - it's the only time I really get to myself. It gives me a chance to mentally plan for the day ahead and there's something really comforting looking at the house and knowing that my family are tucked up safe and sound. If I don't manage to get out first thing I feel I'm playing catch-up all day.
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Happy birthday to Groatie Queen - Easter eggs and birthday cake on the same day, how will you cope, lol?!

I went to bed super early last night, had the same usual patchy sleep, but I do sleep even if it looks like I don't! Kyle, hope you are getting some Zzzzs in, broken sleep is bearable for a while, but you must be totally frazzled by now having no respite from it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your forthcoming trial of your little one's sleeping regime works for you and works super fast into the bargain.

Moggins, I hope you put all of PITA's stuff on the other side of the door yesterday. You're in a new stage of your life now, and can do whatever you want without having to explain yourself to anyone. I am hoping too that you go ahead with your Life Coach course - I have an inkling that you would be very successful at that.

Smoky, fingers crossed for you too that you find a way to get a day or two all to yourself. You have a lot on your plate at the minute, and I can appreciate how much it grinds you down. A bit of "time off" would do you so much good.

Old Style here in SnowyOwl Towers - I made a big pan of ragu sauce last night from a recipe in last month's Sainsbury's magazine. It's nice, but perhaps tastes a bit too much of the wine - it's the first time I made it, so next time I can tweak it to make it less strong tasting. It is enough for eight people, but is freezable, which is fab for me on my own. When that was cooking the breadmaker was doing its thing and producing a gorgeous white loaf...yummy!

Later today I'll get more washing on and clean up the kitchen - it looks like a bottle of ketchup exploded on the hob, hehe - I can be such a messy cook. And I really really must do something about the build up of paper on my desk, even if I just take half an hour to sort it out a bit it'll be an improvement.

Bye for now.

SnowyOwl
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. And Happy Easter.
    Up early again, as dd got in bed with us and was pulling my hair whilst she was asleep!!
    Aime i love going out in garden first thing in morning still in my pjs too!! Really wakes me up, dh does the same only he normal has his shorts on!!!
    Yesterday was a good day, dh reconcreted my washing line in as it was wobbly, ds3 won his footy match 8-0 and scored 4 of the goals.I did some gardening and ds1 went out on his own for the first time, he went to the local town football match with 2 of his friends, he really enjoyed it, although i did worry all the time he was gone ( dont think it helps that we can hear the crowd at the ground from our garden and i could hear the shouts and chants going on!!)
    Plans for today we are going for a walk and a picnic later, though it would make a nice change from the normal easter roast. Lots of washing to be done and need to return some dvds to video shop.
    Have a great day all
    Donna
    xx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business