edited 23 May at 1:04PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4.6K replies 1.4M views

Replies

• Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    humfer wrote: »
    Hello. Can someone confirm that the Abbey Direct ISA is still paying 6.25% including bonus? There is a thread on the main savings forum which has got me worried as it mentions a 6.08% rate. I have seen the updated first entry on this thread from kazza stating that it is definately 6.25% and the 6.08% is just down to the way the AER rate is worked out.

The current gross interest rate is 6.25% (balances £9,000+) and the AER is 6.08% for anyone opening the account this month. However, the AER will go down as each month passes because the bonus runs out in May 2008. Unfortunately, Abbey haven't made it very clear on their website.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • slipthruslipthru Forumite
    568 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Is Kent Reliance an ok building society?

I want to move my ISA there, but don't want to have worry about it again. Have they been lending high risk loans and mortgages?
    In Progress!!!
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    slipthru wrote: »
    Is Kent Reliance an ok building society?

I want to move my ISA there, but don't want to have worry about it again. Have they been lending high risk loans and mortgages?

It seems that Northern Rock's problems ultimately centred on their business model. Their model involved launching more attractive mortgages and loans than rivals, and at a faster rate. This rapid lending was funded by NR borrowing heavily on the money markets. However, the credit crunch that began in the US and spread across global financial markets meant that access to money dried up.

This model is quite unusual and isn't the same model that Kent Reliance BS base their business on. Kent Reliance seem to be doing ok, but even so, it is best to be cautious and not deposit more than £33,000 with any one financial institution. For more info on the operational and financial statistics of Kent Reliance, check out this link to the Building Societies Association.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Snow_DogSnow_Dog Forumite
    688 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Bump. Found this one languishing down on page 2.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The first post in this thread was updated earlier this week, to include the new fixed rate ISA from Britannia Building Society, paying 6.55%.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • zzzLazyDaisyzzzLazyDaisy Forumite
    12.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From 1st Oct YBS anniversary ISA will pay 6.50% and accepts transfers in
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    From 1st Oct YBS anniversary ISA will pay 6.50% and accepts transfers in

Thanks, I've added the improved rate to the list. I see that Moneyfacts lists this ISA, as not accepting transfers in. Though, their information could be wrong. I'll check the YBS website on 1st of October for further details on whether this ISA accepts transfers in or not.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • HanxxHanxx Forumite
    315 Posts
    I was on the Norwich and Peterborough website earlier and they appear to have reduced their 1 year fixed ISA rate from 6.5% to 6.2% now (from 27/09/2007). Moneysupermaket was still showing 6.5% this afternoon.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've updated the first post in this thread to include the new fixed rate ISA that has been launched by Bradford & Bingley, paying 6.20%. It accepts transfers in.

The other amendments include the now reduced fixed rate ISAs offered by Norwich & Peterborough BS, now paying 6.20% and BMW Savings' Performance ISA, now paying 6.15%.

The Market Harborough BS fixed rate ISA has been removed from the list, as it has been withdrawn from sale.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Thanks, I've added the improved rate to the list. I see that Moneyfacts lists this ISA, as not accepting transfers in. Though, their information could be wrong. I'll check the YBS website on 1st of October for further details on whether this ISA accepts transfers in or not.

doesnt appear to say. :confused:

http://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/taxfree/anniversary/detail.jsp