Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

edited 23 May at 1:04PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4.6K replies 1.4M views

Replies

• HanxxHanxx Forumite
    315 Posts
    I was thinking about trying that. I work in central Bristol. I've just been on the Britannia website and they're updating their info - including the branch details! I think they must be getting flooded with applications, cos that really is a desperate measure to remove branch details.
  • Hi Hanxx,

Here are the bristol branches.....

1) 75 Henleaxe Rd, Bristol 01179624288

2) 747 Fishponds rd, fishponds - 01179651086

3) 11a badminton road, downend - 0117 956 2348

i would call them to check before you go down unless you fancy a walk!!
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    masonic wrote: »
    Good. Hopefully they'll also take external transfers because I'll be looking to do both.
    Just to follow this up, I applied for the 6.5% YBS anniversary ISA today in branch and they will indeed accept transfers in from accounts with other banks.
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just to follow this up, I applied for the 6.5% YBS anniversary ISA today in branch and they will indeed accept transfers in from accounts with other banks.

Cheers. I was waiting for someone to open the ISA and confirm it accepted transfers in from other ISA providers. I've now moved it to the "1 year fixes that accept transfers in" section of the first post.

Other edits also include removing the Britannia Building Society 6.55% fixed rate ISA, as this was recently withdrawn from sale.

The Saffron Building Society 180 days notice ISA, paying 6.30%, has been added to the list. It guarantees to pay BOE base rate + 0.55% on balances of £1,000+.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=568605

I have moved my post over here as kindly suggested by KTF.Any help much appreciated.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Froglet wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=568605

I have moved my post over here as kindly suggested by KTF.Any help much appreciated.

I think that UK interest rates will begin to fall around next summer. If you're sure that you aren't going to need access to your money, then fixing is a good option while rates remain high. I've tended to not fix my ISA savings for longer than two years, as you never know what could happen in the long-term.

As you are already with Northern Rock, it may be easier for you to fix your ISA with them. To be on the safe side, ensure that you have no more than £35,000 with them as the first £35,000 is now (since October 1st 2007) 100% covered by the FSCS.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kazza,thanks.Is that £35k across all one's savings accounts or with each bank/bs? Not that i have anywhere near that much in total anyway!!

Do you think rates will rise any more before next year?I don't want to fix then find they are still gong up;however if we all had a crystal ball it would take the fun out of it!! and we could all get rich :D
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froglet wrote: »
    Is that £35k across all one's savings accounts or with each bank/bs? Not that i have anywhere near that much in total anyway!!
    It's £35k per bank (or group of banks registered under the same license - you can tell if a bank is registered as part of a group if you look at the FSA registration blurb banks publish on their literature).
    Do you think rates will rise any more before next year?I don't want to fix then find they are still gong up;however if we all had a crystal ball it would take the fun out of it!! and we could all get rich :D
    It's widely believed we are nearing a peak of interest rates. If so, it's probably better to fix on this side than the other.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The first post in this thread has been updated to include the new e-ISA from Principality Building Society, paying 6.05%. The new Halifax 1 year fixed rate ISA, paying 6.10%, has also been added.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's £35k per bank (or group of banks registered under the same license - you can tell if a bank is registered as part of a group if you look at the FSA registration blurb banks publish on their literature).

It's widely believed we are nearing a peak of interest rates. If so, it's probably better to fix on this side than the other.
    You can also tell whether banks are registered separately by looking at the colour/number coded table on the new article, may be easier 'at a glance' than having to trawl through the FSA site:

Are your savings safe?: Save up to £315,000 at top rates in perfect safety
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com