Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

edited 23 May at 1:04PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4.6K replies 1.4M views

Replies

• wiseman405wiseman405 Forumite
    103 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I've done it! :D

Sorry for the double post just happy i have done it :)

Thanks
    Tom Wiseman
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've updated the first post on this thread to include the new 2 Year fixed rate ISA from Derbyshire building society, paying 6.30%.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've again updated the first post in this thread to include the new 1 year fixed rate ISA from Norwich & Peterborough Building Society. It pays a market leading 6.50% for an ISA which accepts transfers in of existing ISAs. It is available from 14th September 2007.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • MO2MO2 Forumite
    207 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I have been in touch with A & L as I want to transfer my previous ISA funds to Kent reliance BS. They tried to offer me a 3 Years fixed rate of 8.5%, but I did not get more detail on this deal. I want to leave them as I am fed up!! Any information on that??
  • slipthruslipthru Forumite
    568 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Can anyone advise me on what to do with my northern rock ISA? Would it be best to transfer it due to all the panic withdrawing, or should i just close the account.

I relise i am going to lose interest but it's better than losing the money.
    In Progress!!!
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    MO2 wrote: »
    I have been in touch with A & L as I want to transfer my previous ISA funds to Kent reliance BS. They tried to offer me a 3 Years fixed rate of 8.5%, but I did not get more detail on this deal. I want to leave them as I am fed up!! Any information on that??

The 3 year fixed rate of 8.5% that they are offering you sounds like one of their Growth and Income accounts, which is an investment product. See more details on it here. I would stay away from it. It looks like a poor product.

The Kent Reliance ISA has paid a consistently high rate over a number of years. It is a good option for those wishing to transfer an existing ISA.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    slipthru wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me on what to do with my northern rock ISA? Would it be best to transfer it due to all the panic withdrawing, or should i just close the account.

I relise i am going to lose interest but it's better than losing the money.

I think it's best to do what your gut instinct is telling you. If you are worried about the current situation with Northern Rock, then to put your mind at rest perhaps transferring it elsewhere might be the best thing to do.

However, Northern Rock are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Therefore, if a financial institution runs into trouble, the customer will be compensated - 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the next £33,000 (£31,700 per person) is covered.

Whatever you decide to do, do not close the account otherwise your money will lose it's tax free status.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Wow. That Norwich & Peterborough 6.5% sounds like a really good rate, and they accept transfers in.
  • MO2MO2 Forumite
    207 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Many thanks Kazza for the information related to A & L ISA.
    Cheers
  • humferhumfer Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. Can someone confirm that the Abbey Direct ISA is still paying 6.25% including bonus? There is a thread on the main savings forum which has got me worried as it mentions a 6.08% rate. I have seen the updated first entry on this thread from kazza stating that it is definately 6.25% and the 6.08% is just down to the way the AER rate is worked out.