4.6K replies 1.4M views

Replies

• Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Scaz wrote: »
    Kazza242,

You need to update the interest rate for the Guaranteed BMW Performance ISA shown on page 1 of this forum. It has now gone up from 6.67% to 6.70%.

Scaz

Hi Scaz,

I've updated the rate paid on the BMW Performance ISA and I've also added the AER of the Abbey Direct ISA.

Thanks for staying on the topic of ISAs, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. :beer:
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The first post in this thread has been updated to include the re-launched Bradford & Bingley eISA, paying 6.05%.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Very helpful thread this, thanks for putting it together and keeping it updated.

I've got a big cash ISA with Natwest at the moment only earning about 5.35%. I'm considering moving all of this to Ruffler (6.40%) but I'm surprised it's not being talked about more here. The £9k minimum might be putting some people off, but am I missing any catches? Their compensation scheme looks pretty decent and 30 days notice shouldn't be a problem. With this interest rate and taking transfers in I'm just surprised everyone isn't talking about it!
  • Old_SlapheadOld_Slaphead Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruffler rates are fairly well known to those looking for best ISA deals. They've only just reduced funding requirement from £15000 to £9000 - £15k was quite a lot to have in 1 account esp. if it is with a smallish institution (tho' covered by FCSC protection).

Ruffler rates don't always move in line with bank rate but (I believe) they are usually pay pretty well close to top rates.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    JammyB wrote: »
    Very helpful thread this, thanks for putting it together and keeping it updated.

I've got a big cash ISA with Natwest at the moment only earning about 5.35%. I'm considering moving all of this to Ruffler (6.40%) but I'm surprised it's not being talked about more here. The £9k minimum might be putting some people off, but am I missing any catches? Their compensation scheme looks pretty decent and 30 days notice shouldn't be a problem. With this interest rate and taking transfers in I'm just surprised everyone isn't talking about it!

Ruffler is discussed from time to time on MSE, especially during March and April. See this thread where the Ruffler ISA is discussed, which includes links to other related threads.

I think it is a good option provided you don't mind the 30 days notice. The rate, so far, has been very competitive for an ISA that accepts transfers in. They have not subscribed to the Banking Code, but they are covered by the FSCS compensation scheme. So you would receive the same protection as you do from other banks.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • wiseman405wiseman405 Forumite
    103 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi there,
    The NS&I ISA.

I am signing up to this at the moment on the internet. I love banking on the internet but when typing in your card details for £1000 deposit, i feel strange.

Anyone done this over the internet with them?
    Thanks
    Tom
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes my son has - no problems.

As it's a direct ISA only operated by internet or phone many people have done this successfully.

Don't worry - it will be fine.
    103 Posts
    Thanks. i was just laying bricks!

I think i will do it over the phone :)

Thanks!
    Tom
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    wiseman405 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    The NS&I ISA.

I am signing up to this at the moment on the internet. I love banking on the internet but when typing in your card details for £1000 deposit, i feel strange.

Anyone done this over the internet with them?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Don't worry, I felt nervous too - I used my Debit Card for a straight £3000 into the NS&I Direct ISA last year - no probs at all, just make sure you have the money ready in your current account! :D

You'll receive a username etc. for checking the balance online, that comes through about a week after the payment goes through.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

103 Posts
    Wish i did it now! I was there. All i needed to do was press submit! But with me been 16. £1000 is a hell of a lot of money. I know the company is very well known like worldwide etc. But i dont know. When it asked for my debit card it was like eh?! Why not a bank transfer. Really gutted i didn't do it now! I will do it tomorrow when i know my wage goes in. I have enough but its nice to be over sucure :)

Thanks
    Tom Wiseman