Replies

• jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stavros wrote: »
    Do BMW accept transfers?

Not the 6.7% one unfortunately.

They do have another one at 6% that does accept transfers.
  • Old_SlapheadOld_Slaphead Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    I spoke to West Brom about it yesterday. It isn't up on their website at the moment. They told me that they can send out an application pack (with details about the account) if you call them on 0845 33 00 622.

As usual - different "adviser", different story.

I've just been told that they don't accept postal applications and this is a branch-based product only.
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    As usual - different "adviser", different story.

I've just been told that they don't accept postal applications and this is a branch-based product only.

Typical. Why can't they give out consistent information? It is a good ISA if you can get to a branch.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • derrickderrick Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    I spoke to West Brom about it yesterday. It isn't up on their website at the moment. They told me that they can send out an application pack (with details about the account) if you call them on [STRIKE]0845 33 00 622.[/STRIKE]

Come on Kazza, this is a money saving forum, stop giving premium rate phone numbers when there are geo alternatives ;)

West Bromwich B.S. 0121 5257070
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    derrick wrote: »
    Come on Kazza, this is a money saving forum, stop giving premium rate phone numbers when there are geo alternatives ;)

Personally, I'm more bothered by 0870 telephone numbers and I try to avoid using them by using saynoto0870. I didn't give out the premium rate number, I quoted what was listed on the West Bromich BS website, hence the link to their contacts page. Please could we stay on the topic of ISAs on this thread.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • JonbvnJonbvn Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    derrick wrote: »

0845 numbers are at local call rates. Therefore, unless you live in the Birmingham Area, it is cheaper to call the 0845 number, than the 0121 number (assuming you are using a standard BT landline).
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonbvn wrote: »
    0845 numbers are at local call rates. Therefore, unless you live in the Birmingham Area, it is cheaper to call the 0845 number, than the 0121 number (assuming you are using a standard BT landline).

Sorry to go off thread.

There is no such thing as local and national call rates now. Calling an 0121 will cost the same throughout the country so it doesn't matter if you are in Birmingham or Glasgow it's still 3p per minute during the day.

0845 numbers through the day is 2p per minute but there is also a 6p setup fee now. So for anything under 6 minutes it is cheaper not to use 0845.

However if you have call inclusive packages, an 0121 number will cost you nothing at all.

Even if you don't have a call inclusive package you can use call1899.com and it will only cost you 5p no matter how long you are on. Again an 0845 number will cost more.

So basically it is better to avoid 0845 as well if possible.
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello peeps :)

The thread is drifting a little off-topic :o the post above by jem16 explains this in adequate detail, additionally, please take the time to read Martin's article: Say no to 0870! Cut call costs to these hideous numbers

Dialling an 01/02 number instead of an 0845 is definitely in the spirit of moneysaving and it's great where these alternative numbers can be found and listed for all moneysavers to benefit: www.saynoto0870.com

Crabman :D
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• Kazza242,

You need to update the interest rate for the Guaranteed BMW Performance ISA shown on page 1 of this forum. It has now gone up from 6.67% to 6.70%.

Scaz
  • derrickderrick Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    jem16 wrote: »
    Sorry to go off thread.

There is no such thing as local and national call rates now. Calling an 0121 will cost the same throughout the country so it doesn't matter if you are in Birmingham or Glasgow it's still 3p per minute during the day.

0845 numbers through the day is 2p per minute but there is also a 6p setup fee now. So for anything under 6 minutes it is cheaper not to use 0845.

However if you have call inclusive packages, an 0121 number will cost you nothing at all.

Even if you don't have a call inclusive package you can use call1899.com and it will only cost you 5p no matter how long you are on. Again an 0845 number will cost more.

So basically it is better to avoid 0845 as well if possible.

Absolutely correct, some people will never learn, or accept advice,and believe the hype,(lies), that companies still,(illegally), give out re "local" & "national" rate charges. :confused:

p.s. there is also a 6p set up fee for 01/02 numbers.

And the quotes are for a BT line all others and mobiles will cost more,( mobiles up to 40p per minute, 01/02 numbers since 1st August 2007 are now 3.25p per minute!
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition