Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

edited 23 May at 1:04PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4.6K replies 1.4M views

Replies

• zzzLazyDaisyzzzLazyDaisy Forumite
    12.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it doesn't accept transfers in, then I've been told wrong by YBS. Having said that I have applied to open an anniversary ISA with existing YBS ISA money with effect from 1st Oct, and then to transfer in other ISA money within the first month. The alternative would be to transfer money into their ordinary variable ISA, and then to move that into the Anniversary ISA

Kazza242 wrote: »
    Thanks, I've added the improved rate to the list. I see that Moneyfacts lists this ISA, as not accepting transfers in. Though, their information could be wrong. I'll check the YBS website on 1st of October for further details on whether this ISA accepts transfers in or not.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • SpeculatorSpeculator Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just phoned the Yorkshire and they confirmed that it's possible to transfer the balance from your YBS e-ISA to the Aniversary ISA. Just need to fill out a transfer form.
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speculator wrote: »
    Just phoned the Yorkshire and they confirmed that it's possible to transfer the balance from your YBS e-ISA to the Aniversary ISA. Just need to fill out a transfer form.
    Good. Hopefully they'll also take external transfers because I'll be looking to do both.
  • absfabsabsfabs Forumite
    573 Posts
    Hi guys,

have just sorted out my balance transfers, now wish to get a better return on my savings.

Never having had a mini cash ISA, I just need to run this past someone with a bit more experience:

Got £3000 to pay in, may need instant access - without penalties, please - if next 0% balance transfer does not work out.

From main site and list in first post, NS&I seems to come out tops with 6.3% til April 08, but ING guarantees 6.55% for 6 months?

So providing I shift it in April, ING would be better for me?

Can I transfer money out any time I need to? Anything else I need to look out for?

Grateful for any advice!
  • absfabsabsfabs Forumite
    573 Posts
    Further to my question, I have just looked at ING website
    www.ingdirect.co.uk/savings/home.asp?ct=1# and they advertise cash ISA rate at only 6% ...
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absfabs wrote: »
    Further to my question, I have just looked at ING website
    www.ingdirect.co.uk/savings/home.asp?ct=1# and they advertise cash ISA rate at only 6% ...

It's 6.55% for the first 6 months followed by 5.13% after that. That then makes an AER of 6%.

If you transfer it out at the end of 6 months you will get 6.55% and the whatever the rate is of the one you transfer to. You can transfer anytime.

To be honest I would go for NS&I at 6.3% as they may continue their rate whereas ING clearly say they will not.
  • If you need instant access ... and you say you do ... a six month fix hardly meets your own criteria.
  • Thanks to Kazza's great list on the best ISA's I decided to go into Britannia and open their 6.55% Fixed Rate Mini Cash Isa.

On the Britannia website it says it ends on the end of Oct, http://www.britannia.co.uk/c_savings/product/tax_free/frisa/prod.html. I actually was going to go in Saturday, but needed to get some fresh air so left the office and went into my local branch in Dorset.

There was a massive queue and the advisor was explaining to us all that they've just found out the offer will be pulled tomorrow, apparently the pot of money Brtiannia has put aside for this deal has run out, due to the popularity of the deal.

Basically, if you want to take advantage of this offer, you've got till the end of tomorrow.

I'm just so pleased my office was stuffy today....
  • HanxxHanxx Forumite
    315 Posts
    Britannia have already removed the details from their website, and it says that the offer has ended. I wasn't quick enough.
  • Hanxx,

Can you not go into a branch and enquire. I have a list here of the branches - where about's are you in the South West?

I think they have pulled it off the website to cover themselves. The lady in the Dorset branch was adament that it ends tomorrow.