We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest Broadband Provider Discussion

Options

Comments

• olly_2
    olly_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I to was looking to go to broadband,and after reading some of the best deals,i was going to go with E7 on the 1meg service,but over the last few days i have read alot of people have started to complain about speed connections.
    Anything i should worry about,im in the midlands about 2 mile from my exchange,dont know if this affects anything(my location)?

Any others to suggest,feel free with similar price etc to what E7 could provide.
    Many thanks,olly :D
  • Bojangles_3
    Options
    Bulldog 8 meg broadband £9.79 per month - new offer - advertised on Magic FM (London). No tie in. Can cancel whenever I like. Sounds to good to be true. I rang up for it the other day, was promised paper work through - hasn't come yet. In the meantime they've booked to come and install Friday 9th.

Bit worried there is a catch & I am missing it. The only snag I can see is it's limited to 1GB per month (I hardly download anything anyway). I just want faster browsing/emailing etc (does this depend on my computer anyway?)

HELP????
  • CalamityJane_2
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here so hope I'm posting in the right place.
    I've been reading through to see if I can get a better broadband provider than my existing Wanadoo, being that they charge existing customers extra cash for services that they offer free to new customers.
    I was tempted by the Bulldog Broadband adverts at £9.75, but each time I ring their sales line, they cut the phone line off before I can speak. If they're that bad for new business I can only imagine what they're like once you've signed up (if that's at all possible).
    Anyway, rant over, which is the best broadband provider for 1 or 2 Mb please? and I don't mind changing my BT phone line either?

Thanks all!
  • Bojangles_3
    Options
    yip, I agree with CalamityJane - i get the feeling bulldog will be useless. Have rung up to cancel order - could not even hear the customer service rep properly!
    I am with Wanadoo & thinking of leaving. My contract is up in January anyway.
    If anyone else is in this 'new customers only' trap with Wanadoo - let's send them a mass email threatening to leave until we get what we're after. Who's in? Send me your email addresses

Consumer revenge is what this site's about!
  • deedums
    deedums Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, take a look at post 445 (didn't have to hunt as far as I anticipated!) :p

Thanks, I should have looked before asking! :)
  • Gingertom_2
    Options
    I will leave Wanadoo asap as well.
    Please Mr Wanadoo
    Can I pay £14.99 like all your new customers insted of £17.99
    for my measely 512 speed.
    No...Go away you have only been a customer for 16 months.
  • Gingertom_2
    Options
    PS
    I am not actually a Newbie but have just used "Erase" on my computer and it has Erased all my cookies etc and signon Names and Passwords so I have had to reregister.
    Perhaps I should have written them (Dozens) down
  • Milex
    Milex Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    olly wrote:
    I to was looking to go to broadband,and after reading some of the best deals,i was going to go with E7 on the 1meg service,but over the last few days i have read alot of people have started to complain about speed connections.
    Anything i should worry about,im in the midlands about 2 mile from my exchange,dont know if this affects anything(my location)?

Any others to suggest,feel free with similar price etc to what E7 could provide.
    Many thanks,olly :D
    See kodak's post a couple above yours, and go to https://www.Euro1Net.com for details. Its packages & pricing are almost identical to e7even, to the extent that some people believe they are linked in some way. Also, http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk has users' views of Euro1Net and e7even, and most other ISPs.

e7even say their current service quality problems should be fixed when "network infrastructure upgrades" are completed in mid-Dec.

On the plus side, e7even's CS (by email) is very good, with questions answered promptly by knowledgable humans - in Maidstone - not parrotted at you from a script in an Indian call centre. Also, e7even regularly come up with free or v.cheap service enhancements for existing subscribers (I've just had a 4X line speed upgrade for £1/month extra!). Have a look at the ADSLGuide forum to see if Euro1Net users report similar deals.

No ISP is perfect, and most are at the mercy of BT's infrastructure, but I've had no major problems since I signed up with e7even in April. I reckon heavy users (gamers, P2P etc) should steer clear until they're sure the "infrastructure" work has done the trick.

Go to https://www.bt.com/broadband and put your phone number or postcode in the "Can I get broadband?" box to see what speed your exchange supports, and https://www.samknows.com has more detailed exchange information.
  • redrez
    redrez Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Has ne1 any further comments on euro1net.com, this does seem to be the best value, if you sign-up quickly?

Am with Wanadoo £17.99, but want to change for a cheaper preferably unlimited usage.

Not too bothered about speed dont think I can get over 512kbps neway, but would like to try for 1mb.

Having done a bit more research. Think Im probably better with V21??

Free migration to the 1 or 2mb service on euro1net.com, but having checked can only get 512kbps. Plus euro1net.com seems to be payment at least 6 months up front and your locked into 1 or 2 year contract.

ADSL4less also look good.

Comments gratefully received. :confused:
    If only I'd found this site sooner!! :think:
  • olly_2
    olly_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Milex,will check all the info out,looked at the adsl site previous to posting,but will check your info too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport