🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheapest Broadband Provider Discussion

Options

Comments

• Roger_Rampant
    Options
    I've never had any great problems migrating from AOL on various occasions, although they do ask lots of questions it's just a case of being polite and firm with them
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • ccluedo
    ccluedo Posts: 450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info Roger - just so happens polite and firm are my middle names :)
  • Bojangles_3
    Options
    Take note Gingertom & Funky monkey. I have just sent this email to Wanadoo:

I WANT HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICES & THE MD OF WANADOO TO READ THIS EMAIL. PLEASE COPY IT TO THEM.

My contract ends on 6/1/06 & I will leave Wanadoo & will be posting why on the consumer based internet site: 'money saving expert.com'.

I am very unhappy with the service from you.

It seems only new customers can get £14.99 8 meg deal - I would have to continue to pay £17.99 per month PLUS you want another one-off £20 to put my speed up to 2 meg. I have read on 'money saving expert.com' chat forum that you have given some people a deal, but this has not been offered to me. Why? Can I get the new deal as of 6/1/06?

Tonight I have just rang 01642 732794 to speak to customer services as I refuse to pay the extortionate 0870 charges when calls to landlines are free from my line. But the girl who answered would not put me through and said she had been told not to. Her name was Rachel but 'can't disclose' her second name, where she works or her extension. Her supervisor was Eric but she 'couldn't disclose' any information about him either. I said I was going to complain about this complete lack of co-operation. So, is it your policy to get your customers to pay the 0870 national rate charges? If so, I will be writing a letter to Ofcom about this.

I was ringing to ask about the wireless package but I do not think I'll bother now.

What are you going to do to help? I would appreciate a FULL answer and even a telephone call to sort out my issues otherwise I am off come the 6th january.

Perhaps my approach is wrong??
  • Carolbunny
    Options
    I am currently with Wanadoo, but am considering Bulldog broadband @ £9.75 per month. Does anybody have any experience/comments to share? By the bye living in Milton Keynes seems to limit the number of potential suppliers & the fastest download possible seems to be 1mb.

regards,

Carol
  • trevor8
    trevor8 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thinking of trying to get a better deal from bt anyone have experience of them offering better deals to stay with them?.been with them for 14 months if so how to go best about it? thanks :snow_grin
  • [COLOR=SeaGreen]Bojangles... Do you have an update?

I am about to get into "firm but polite" negotiations with Telewest/Blueyonder. :think:

Does anyone else on MSE have a Telewest/blueyonder tv/internet/phone deal?
    I REALLY want a good deal. I'd ditch the lot & use other providers but DH wants to keep our e-mail addresses! Help!!! :j
    [/COLOR]
    :p:p:pBargain Babe-a-Licious! :p:p:p
  • C_Comiskey
    Options
    In Switching Broadband article no mention was made of us poor s**s on Cable broadband (NTL). Is there any way for cable usesrs to save?
  • sidcov
    sidcov Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    In answer to the above it just so happens that i called NTL today with a view to ending my subsription with them (2MB cable broadband) as i was paying £24.99 a month. They gave me a retention offer of either half price for three months or the same connection for 12 months @ £19.99 (very reasonable for a 2MB connection) and was also told that they are lifting the 1gb daily limit as from the 15th of Jan. I decided to take the 3 month half price offer with a view to getting it extended after three months. I have heard horror stories about NTL but i must admit i have been with them for 3 years now with no major problems(although when i phoned customer services the opperator hardly spoke english!!). Hope this helps.
  • sidcov
    sidcov Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    One more thing before i go.
    I found this web-sight thats great for checking who offers what in your area, just need to enter your postcode and phone number to do a search.........http://www.samknows.com It's probably well known on here but i am new so thought i'd mention it just in case.
  • jiji
    jiji Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    C_Comiskey wrote:
    In Switching Broadband article no mention was made of us poor s**s on Cable broadband (NTL). Is there any way for cable usesrs to save?
    I am also on ntl line Anyone recommend cheaper broadband or dialup which support NTL line. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport