IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    Drove past a UKCPS pay and display car park the other day and while I was stopped across the road at traffic lights had a read of their signage. It still refers to being clamped without a valid ticket. Are they still allowed to do this?

Wish I had the opportunity to take a pic.
    Clearly they are not allowed to clamp any more. The sign is supposed to be their 'contract' with you to which you passively agree to accept the terms by reading and parking. Threatening illegal action probably renders the whole 'contract' invalid.
  • woodgate
    Options
    :(Hi,

I have read a lot about UK CPS ltd on this site, regarding parking tickets.

i got one the other for parking in what look like a mother and baby space, but now looks like i wasnt' tsuppose to park there, it wasnt obtructive in way, the ticket was hand written and can't even see it clearly. however i got a ticket, and was about to pay it, until i saw the forum.

should i still ignore it? or go through the appeal progress? if so what is the law around parking enforcement. The ticket does say they are members of AOS and follow BPA code of pratice.

i have email chatham dock yard, asking if they have employed the company. Bit confused as the car park isnt even a pay and display one.

has anyone ignored this company and still have to pay? or ended up with a CCJ which i dont want.

please can someone help? thank you. x
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The only time you will get a CCJ is this

1 - they take you to court, which is unlikely
    2 - they win - again unlikely
    3 - you refuse to pay what the judge orders within 28 days.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:43PM
    Options
    woodgate wrote: »
    :(Hi,

I have read a lot about UK CPS ltd on this site, regarding parking tickets.

i got one the other for parking in what look like a mother and baby space, but now looks like i wasnt' tsuppose to park there, it wasnt obtructive in way, the ticket was hand written and can't even see it clearly. however i got a ticket, and was about to pay it, until i saw the forum.

should i still ignore it? or go through the appeal progress? if so what is the law around parking enforcement. The ticket does say they are members of AOS and follow BPA code of pratice.

i have email chatham dock yard, asking if they have employed the company. Bit confused as the car park isnt even a pay and display one.

has anyone ignored this company and still have to pay? or ended up with a CCJ which i dont want.

please can someone help? thank you. x

NO ONE should ever pay a private parking company ticket! There is no law around it at all because this is just private profit-making companies scamming people; the only recent change was in October when clamping became a criminal offence and PPCs like UKCPS were 'allowed' to 'pursue' the registered keeper (used to just be the driver). All that means is that the junk mail can just be sent to a rk now if they are not told who was driving.

That's all, nothing actually changed as regards the pathetic scam itself. And we win at POPLA every time so what's not to like?!

My usual reply to newbies in post #14 here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4458671

Don't just accept the dockyard's reply, complain about it when they say 'yes UKCPS are contracted to 'manage' (LOL!) the parking here'. COMPLAIN and complain again, this sort of harassment isn't on is it?

You are on an old thread, look at the link I gave you then read the stuff on the current forum which is one click away from this old thread. See my signature to know where to click to get back to the forum from any thread. The advice is normally to appeal and then use POPLA to appeal nowadays (and DO NOT respond to any pm from a poster who isn't a regular with thousands of posts. UKCPS sometimes pm people here and offer to 'help' - beware of giving any more details than you already have).

HTH

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • philcom3
    Options
    hi first post,

today i received an "invoice" stating that i was photographed at deepdale shopping center last month outside of a marked bay. now i was outside however i can't remember seeing any signs and i ride a motorbike i park against ballads or against walls against shops to keep out of cars ways for parking is there anything i can do other than ignore the claim?

to put it clear i parked in front of sports direct just on the pavement area where it was flat ground to be out of the way of cars. next to ballads that nobody would walk through anyway. plus it is free parking.

one more thing they did not leave a ticket on my bike just sent the letter.

thanks for any help , phillcom3
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You should appeal - see current threads!

You are on an old thread, read the stuff on the current forum which is one click away from this old thread.

See my signature to know where to click to get back to the forum from any thread.

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • Kipper06
    Kipper06 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the hard work, I am now confident that my parking ticket is from one of these companies and thy there is no obligation to pay.

However I only realised that I had this phony parking ticket this morning (which was issued yesterday) but it got soggy as it has constantly rained since. Since I am a new driver I naively contacted them to check where the "offence" was committed to see whether I agreed.

I can see that the advice was to have no contact at all, but I never disclosed that I was the driver and I didnt give them my name just the registration. Also I can see the notice has not been filled out properly but due to the bad state of repair, it would make it unappealable!

Do you think I can still get away with not paying?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Can you please create your own thread below
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    A few days ago i took my disabled daughter to Mersey Retail Shopping Park. Even though we have a blue badge in this particular car park I usually park in the public spaces because it's easier for me to get the wheelchair out of the boot. I wanted to take her to the pet shop and for the first time ever parked in the completely empty disabled bay in front of the shop.
    I got her wheelchair out of the boot and took her in to see the rabbits and when we came out there was a parking ticket from UKCPS Ltd for £100 (£60 if I pay within 14 days) for parking in a disabled bay. Silly me, I had forgotten to display the blue badge. It is a huge car park and the fact that there are no parking meters tend to give a false sense of security.
    From what I've read today on this forum, I suspect he's watched me struggle with the wheelchair and disappear into the shop before he approached my car. Life is hard enough without being pounced on by money grabbing scammers like this.

What goes around comes around...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    A few days ago i took my disabled daughter to Mersey Retail Shopping Park. Even though we have a blue badge in this particular car park I usually park in the public spaces because it's easier for me to get the wheelchair out of the boot. I wanted to take her to the pet shop and for the first time ever parked in the completely empty disabled bay in front of the shop.
    I got her wheelchair out of the boot and took her in to see the rabbits and when we came out there was a parking ticket from UKCPS Ltd for £100 (£60 if I pay within 14 days) for parking in a disabled bay. Silly me, I had forgotten to display the blue badge. It is a huge car park and the fact that there are no parking meters tend to give a false sense of security.
    From what I've read today on this forum, I suspect he's watched me struggle with the wheelchair and disappear into the shop before he approached my car. Life is hard enough without being pounced on by money grabbing scammers like this.

What goes around comes around...

Yep, true, I believe that too.

So you can beat this by starting to your own thread here to get advice.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure