IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• nightcrawler
    Options
    I wrote to the MP for Lincoln about the scam which UKCPS are running at various sites in the city ie St Mark's retail park, and received the very helpful (not) reply.

Thank you for your email to Karl. It is my understanding that private landowners are able to recover parking charges from the keepers of vehicles parked on their land if they have failed to pay for parking. However this would need to be enforced by a member of an Accredited Trade Association, and abiding by the requirements of that Association (i.e. erecting the proper signs, applying maximum charging rules, having a proper complaints and appeals procedure).

I have attached a publication from the House of Commons Library which provides further details.

17 page document on parking policy was attached, not a riveting read.
    I urge everyone to continually write to their MPs about this situation.
    If they think there are votes or potential publicity in it for them they will act.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wrote to the MP for Lincoln about the scam which UKCPS are running at various sites in the city ie St Mark's retail park, and received the very helpful (not) reply.

Thank you for your email to Karl. It is my understanding that private landowners are able to recover parking charges from the keepers of vehicles parked on their land if they have failed to pay for parking. However this would need to be enforced by a member of an Accredited Trade Association, and abiding by the requirements of that Association (i.e. erecting the proper signs, applying maximum charging rules, having a proper complaints and appeals procedure).

I have attached a publication from the House of Commons Library which provides further details.

17 page document on parking policy was attached, not a riveting read.
    I urge everyone to continually write to their MPs about this situation.
    If they think there are votes or potential publicity in it for them they will act.

This is complete and utter rubbish in the context of a 2011 ticket!

If you want to raise awareness of the current situation - Do not hijack out of date threads - which is no more than you agreed in your signup. Read the Newbies Sticky - so you are fully appraised of the current situation and start your own thread!
  • Gracieboo
    Options
    I received the usual fine from UKCPS for parking in a disabled spot. There are plenty of reasons to refute this but wont get into here.

I'd really appreciate advice on:

1. anything happening when I park in that complex again
    2. someone posted how they were refused a mortgage due to a CCJ related to the unpaid parking ticket.
    3. what are your experiences of appeal?

Thanks
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gracieboo wrote: »
    I received the usual fine from UKCPS for parking in a disabled spot. There are plenty of reasons to refute this but wont get into here.

2. someone posted how they were refused a mortgage due to a CCJ related to the unpaid parking ticket.

Thanks

Please read the Newbies Sticky carefully - it outlines the current situation amply.

Do not hijack old, outdated pre-POFA 2012 threads as this only serves to confuse people!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Gracieboo wrote: »

Thanks

#1 This is a really OLD thread - it's against forum rules to bump old threads and gets you no replies except if someone spots it like I did.

#2 Please start YOUR OWN thread if you need advice, but...

#3 Use the FORUM JUMP on the right (it's on this page twice) and click 'GO'. That hops you to page one of the forum.

#4 Please then read 'PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST!' which answers your questions.

#5 UKCPS are in the IPC now though, so you won't get POPLA. So you may not wish to bother with the 2nd stage appeal to the IAS = allegedly a kangaroo court.

#6 If the person was allowed to park there, if they were disabled, then they are covered by the Equality Act 2010.

#7 UKCPS do sue people over these tickets, so start with a complaint to the retail Store Manager this week, NOW, if the driver/passenger was indeed disabled. Do not be fobbed off if the driver was right to park there.

#8 If the driver parked there because 'there was no parent & child space' (we do get some numpties bleating that) then, for the love of God, learn that a P&C space is nothing, not a right, and does not under any circumstances allow a stupid selfish driver to take up a disabled bay, not even for 5 minutes, not even if they were empty.

Anyway:

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD.

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Complain, complain, complain, complain. To all the retailers in the park, to the managing agents, to local papers and radio stations, to the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, Tourist Office, etc., etc., etc.

Tell all your fiends and neighbours, write on local for a and blogs, kick @rse.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Saman5274033
    Saman5274033 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:46PM
    Options
    Hiya,

Harassment, alarm or distress is an element of a statutory offence in England and Wales, arising from an expression used in sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act 1986, which created the offence. The Act was amended in 1994.

If your received any letter from them, using threatening words (Any words -Court actions -final notice-Debt recovery guys), you can complain against and take them to court and sue the company.

If the company made causing alarm or distress and put you in fear, that can be considered as an offence.So you are just a victim of harrasment.

Meanwhile talk to the shops/shopping centre manager stating that you will not spend your money any longer over there, so definitely the company will be evicted.

Anyway I contacted police and the officer said it can be ignored and its civil matter. Also just authorities such as police, council can issue a ticket, penalty,fine.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Hiya,

Harassment, alarm or distress is an element of a statutory offence in England and Wales, arising from an expression used in sections 4A and 5 of the Public Order Act 1986, which created the offence. The Act was amended in 1994.

If your received any letter from them, using threatening word, you can complain them and even send them to jail.

If the company made causing alarm or distress and put you in fear, that can be considered as an offence.So you are just a victim of harrasment by the company.

Meanwhile talked to the shops/shopping centre manager stating that you will not spend your money any longer over there, so definitely the company will be evicted.

Why have you resurrected a 2013/2014 archive thread?

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

No need to bump ancient threads; some newbies will start reading this from the start now - without noticing the date - and might copy old advice from it. Never a good idea.
  • supertead16
    Options
    Hello. I recived a parking ticket last night from ukcps its a pcn for £60 going to £100 if i dont pay. Ive heard its an invoice and i can just ignore it. Its this still the case now in 2017?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure