IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• ryansmith87
    Options
    Not sure if it's in my letting contract so will check that out later on when I get home from work.Could I argue it had fallen from the dash if asked by the letting agent - or is it best to ignore. What about CCTV of me taking off the parking ticket this morning, before getting in the car? Can't even deny that I didn't get one if that's the case...

Thanks for the help everybody - don't want to get screwed over and let dodgy companies keep getting away with illegal ticketing.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if it's in my letting contract so will check that out later on when I get home from work.Could I argue it had fallen from the dash if asked by the letting agent - or is it best to ignore. What about CCTV of me taking off the parking ticket this morning, before getting in the car? Can't even deny that I didn't get one if that's the case...

Thanks for the help everybody - don't want to get screwed over and let dodgy companies keep getting away with illegal ticketing.

When you say "letting contract" you obviously mean "tenancy agreement". Your landlords lease still trumps this. Besides, if this only started a couple of weeks ago have you had a new tenancy agreement that you have signed since then ? Not that it matters if you have - the "ticket" is totally unenforceable.

I would just ignore it if I were you ( and I'm a landlord and someone who has picked up some PPC "tickets" ! ).
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Clamping is also a worry ...
    No it's not. It's been banned. If you find your car clamped, you will be quite within your rights to forcibly remove it. Or better, call the police (and persuade them it's NOT a civil matter, Sir).

As others have said, in all likelihood, your allocated space is part of the flat's lease, no management company has the right to impose any kind of permit system over it, and you can ignore both the tickets and the permit scheme. It cannot affect your credit record or references.
  • ryansmith87
    Options
    Brilliant! Well that saves me £60 then - thanks for the help everyone
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Clamping is also a worry ...

No it's really not, clamping is a criminal offence now! :D:D

You need to read more of the forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Read the sticky threads, then any other threads whatsoever about ANY private parking ticket. You'll soon find all the links & advice you need.

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • brooksy26
    Options
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at the Metrocentre, Allison court, just after Christmas. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to goto maplins, and she said she wanted to take the kids to toys r us. the road to cross for toys r us was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to Maplins. When I returned from Maplins I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.
  • NotanIdiot
    NotanIdiot Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    brooksy26 wrote: »
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at the Metrocentre, Allison court, just after Christmas. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to goto maplins, and she said she wanted to take the kids to toys r us. the road to cross for toys r us was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to Maplins. When I returned from Maplins I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.

Read this thread and then do what we tell everyone else, ignore them. Why do you think your case is different ?
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 January 2013 at 3:49PM
    Options
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at the xxxx, just after Christmas. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to goto xxxx, and she said she wanted to take the kids to xxxxxxx. the road to cross for xxxxx was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to xxxxx. When I returned from xxxxxxs I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.

Have you read any other threads?

If so, then you will know the advice is to ignore.

If not, why not?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 January 2013 at 9:39PM
    Options
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at the xxxx, just after Christmas. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to goto xxxx, and she said she wanted to take the kids to xxxxxxx. the road to cross for xxxxx was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to xxxxx. When I returned from xxxxxxs I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.

Read the thread you just posted on!

All the advice and assurances you need are here already.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Court Costs and Bailiff Costs?

They would only apply if they took you to court and won.

That simply won't happen, legally they haven't got a case against you.
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family