IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:40PM
    Options
    brooksy26 wrote: »
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at a private RETAIL STORE CAR PARK recently. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to go to the store on site, and she said she wanted to take the kids to another shop. the road to cross ... was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to the Store on site.

When I returned xxxxx I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.

Oh come on, calm down, this whole forum tells you these fake PCNs are scams but you have given too much info (see the 'P.P.S' below).

Want some other confirmation of the facts? A summary about the fact a company cannot send bailiffs in or 'apply for' a CCJ:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    @Fergie76, NotanIdiot and pogofish could you amend the quote or remove the quote from your posts above please?

Done........
  • gentiandaisy
    Options
    Yesterday I was at Speke retail park in Liverpool at M&S
    I didn't notice until I arrived home that I had a UKCPS ticket.

Box ticked stating that I didn't have valid permit or authority and comment Expiry date not visible

I drive a mobility car and had received the Tax disc a few days ago but ha forgotten to put in car.

I have tried ringing the number without success, but have been looking at comments on this site.

Can anyone offer any help or advice
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, just ignore. Simple as that.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Yesterday I was at Speke retail park in Liverpool at M&S
    I didn't notice until I arrived home that I had a UKCPS ticket.

Box ticked stating that I didn't have valid permit or authority and comment Expiry date not visible

I drive a mobility car and had received the Tax disc a few days ago but ha forgotten to put in car.

I have tried ringing the number without success, but have been looking at comments on this site.

Can anyone offer any help or advice

I think you should complain to M&S and UKCPS (not worded as an appeal full of excuses, no 'sorry', no 'please' and no 'thankyou'!). Can you find email addresses for both?

Say how much this has upset you, and you've taken advice and there are breaches of disability law and the BPA Code of Practice here. It's not even clear if the 'permit' they were talking about was your disabled tax disc or your Blue Badge (who knows?!) but either way, neither are to do with them or UKCPS - both are none of their business.

Are you sure the fake PCN wasn't talking about your Blue Badge, 'expiry date not visible' seems more likely to mean the Badge? If so then the same applies, the Blue Badge is NOTHING to do with anyone in a private retail car park. The Blue badge scheme only applies on street; it is ONLY a Council scheme despite what the signs might say next to the disabled bays. Signs there should just say 'disabled parking only' (not 'Blue Badge parking only' = irrelevant).

Also try complaining in person to the M&S Store Manager, say how this has stressed you out and you can't understand whether UKCPS mean the tax disc or the Blue Badge (but neither are any of their business). You are a disabled person, you were shopping in M&S and it's simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH that you are going to be running scared of debt collector letters through the first months of 2013, all because of M&S using an infamous PPC! I would complain by email and in person if it were me, some Store Managers will get this rubbish cancelled with one phone call, especially where there's a disability discrimination/harassment issue.

To give you some courage and understanding of the scam that is happening to you here, read this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4244645

That lady realised the bigger picture as soon as we advised her - and she wrote a VERY strong complaint email (she sent it to UKCPS and to the landowner as it wasn't just one store).

The landowner got the fake PCN cancelled in two days flat when they saw she was very annoyed and it was a breach of the Equality Act 2010 (use those words, because to harass you over this with letters in 2013 IS a breach). It is also a breach pf the BPA Code of Practice which says that if a store has specific disabled parking bays then cars there with a Blue Badge displayed MUST NOT be given a ticket. MUST NOT. So include that breach in your complaint as well an email it to UKCPS and to the M&S Head Office - look at the 'contact us' on the M&S website or phone first and ask who to email a complaint to. Only phone M&S, not UKCPS of course, that would be a pointless phone call and you need to deal with them in writing/email only!

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • Rain_Dance
    Options
    brooksy26 wrote: »
    I hope someone out there can advise me on what to do next. I was at the Metrocentre, Allison court, just after Christmas. I was with my wife and 2 children I said to my wife I need to goto maplins, and she said she wanted to take the kids to toys r us. the road to cross for toys r us was very busy so I helped my wife with the 2 kids to cross and then I went back to Maplins. When I returned from Maplins I had a parking charge notice on my car from UKCPS for leaving site. My main problem is in section 3 they use wording like court costs and baliff costs. so what should I do.

I am in a very similar situation i.e. penalty notice for leaving the site (I didn't realise I had), but the car I was driving is a hire car so any correspondence would go to the credit hire company who would no doubt charge me an arm and a leg in admin fees. I feel my only option is to pay the penalty!
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Rain_Dance wrote: »
    I am in a very similar situation i.e. penalty notice for leaving the site (I didn't realise I had), but the car I was driving is a hire car so any correspondence would go to the credit hire company who would no doubt charge me an arm and a leg in admin fees. I feel my only option is to pay the penalty!

It's not a penalty !

Now the way to deal with this is admit you were driving the vehicle via email , just give your name, address and reference number of the fake ticket. Don't admit liability , don't lie and don't say you were in a hired car. Once they are writing to you ignore them they cannot go back to the hire company
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Rain_Dance wrote: »
    I am in a very similar situation i.e. penalty notice for leaving the site (I didn't realise I had), but the car I was driving is a hire car so any correspondence would go to the credit hire company who would no doubt charge me an arm and a leg in admin fees.

I feel my only option is to pay the penalty!

You are wrong.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The landowner would have suffered no loss by the driver leaving the site, just send an email advising them that you were the hirer of the vehicle of the period the ticket was issued to avoid them going via the hire company (whom might decide to pay it on your behalf and charging your card with a nice admin fee).

As per the court case where it was for something similar, if the car-park monkey saw you leaving they should have stopped you.
  • Rain_Dance
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. My only concern is that if I ignore the letters they will contact the hire company anyway - unfortunately their livery is all over the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure