IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• Navroc
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've ignored all correspondence sent to me from UK CPS and finally they've sent me a document that looks as if it's from a County Court ordering me to pay. I've had these tickets from private parking firms before and nothing has ever come of them as I thought they weren't enforcable. Any advice please?

Important Letter 1:
    tinypic.com/r/25qvhiv/5

Important Letter 2
    tinypic.com/r/2nattll/5

Thanks
  • martmonk
    Options
    Navroc wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I've ignored all correspondence sent to me from UK CPS and finally they've sent me a document that looks as if it's from a County Court ordering me to pay. I've had these tickets from private parking firms before and nothing has ever come of them as I thought they weren't enforcable. Any advice please?

Important Letter 1:
    tinypic.com/r/25qvhiv/5

Important Letter 2
    tinypic.com/r/2nattll/5

Thanks

Did you read any of this page before posting?

PLEASE Start your own thread and you will get the help you are looking for
  • Navroc
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    Did you read any of this page before posting?

PLEASE Start your own thread and you will get the help you are looking for
    Yeah I read pretty much all of it, sorry made a seperate thread now.
  • Hi all,
    Read the threads but unsure if any apply to my quandary so here goes...I parked my car in a car park in Huddersfield at 9.40pm on Saturday night. I looked at the sign but it just said 'all day parking £4.00' As Huddersfield is generally free parking after 6, the machine to pay was in total darkness and there was no sign on the contrary I parked without a ticket.
    I arrived back at my car at 12.30am (I was designated driver) to find a UK CPS Ltd fine ticket issued at 12.22am. Do I have to pay this?? Can I appeal?? Should I appeal or ignore it??
    Thanks for any help or advice
    :D
  • Sorry guys, new so messed up first post!! LOL...I've now created a new thread :(
  • Baldyman68
    Baldyman68 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2014 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Hello after some good advice as to best proceed with challengeing this scam company.
    Back in November 2013 we parked in forbury retail car park READING , and used decathlon for our shopping business , were I bought my wife a set of ski boots , after waiting our turn and subsequently getting fitted into a variety of different boots , we came to a decision and purchased some ski boot , which also had to be heat moulded. Needless to say this took some while.
    My wife is also type 1 diabetic and at the end of our shop felt unwell ( due to an oncoming hypo ) so we walked from the shop across to macdonalds on the other side of the car park so as to get her something to eat .
    We left the business park , none the wiser that apparently we had been issued a ticket ????

The first we knew of this was 20th February 2014 ????

We're I received a letter for payment from a debt collection company called debt recovery plus acting on behalf of a company called Highveiw Parking Ltd ?
    I called the debt collection company as I had received no ticket , no correspondence outlining the fact that I had not paid ?? Of course why would I , when I had no clue a ticket had been issued?
    According to the debt collection company , my ticket had been issued electronically to them and it was for staying longer than 2 hrs .... "Would I like to pay the £145 today" she asked
    " er no " I replied
    " you had better get some legal advice then " was debt recovery plus's answer.
    I will contest this from ever corner , as i think it's absolutely scandalous as we didn't even leave to shop else where , I do accept we were a long while , but some things take time ?
    Rather than rant on further , has anyone advice or experience of dealing with these sharks ?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    The only advice you will get here is to read the stickies and start your own thread......
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Why not just read the sticky threads here where all this is covered...? Kind of surprised at all the new threads this week where no-one has read these...sigh:

Sticky: NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? EVEN AN OLD ONE? ***READ THIS FIRST*** Thankyou!

and

Sticky: Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Baldyman68 you added to an ANCIENT archive thread...look at the current forum, new posts & advice every day, sticky info there at the top all along.

:)

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • chris3487
    Options
    i have been to Argos today And parked in a disabler bay and forgot to put my card in the Window ,i Went in to change Something and didn't think to use my card as i was on a very large car park and parked near the door .i was in the shop for around ten minutes and came out to find the ticket but no attendant .I realise i should have used my badge but was going to write to them explaining that i did have a badge and send a photocopy but on reading the threads i feel reluctant to approach them as i would then be letting them know who i was ,any advice would be appreciated thank you
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Advice is to do two things and not do one thing
    1) read the Newbie thread which talks you through the process
    2) start your own new thread if you have any questions to ask further to what you learn when you have read this thread, and re read post 1 at least twice more
    3) don't contact the parking company at this stage wait for Notoce to Keeper.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure