IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Rain_Dance wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. My only concern is that if I ignore the letters they will contact the hire company anyway - unfortunately their livery is all over the car.

If you admit you were driving they are not allowed to go back to the hire company, I don't normally advise this, but send it via recorded delivery to get a proof of delivery.

And if they do contact them the parking company will pass on your details, just look under their t&c's to see if they mention just fines and penalties in the relevant section, if it does they cannot charge you an admin fee, as this is neither. though some try it, and that is a different battle then.

BPA COP

37.6 A parking ticket may be challenged on the grounds that the vehicle was on hire or lease at the time the unauthorised parking took place. If the rental or lease customer’s details have been provided to you by the hire or lease company, you should pursue your claim instead with their customer.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Rain_Dance wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. My only concern is that if I ignore the letters they will contact the hire company anyway - unfortunately their livery is all over the car.

They can't. They are not allowed to chase anyone else once they have the driver's details. It's in the Protrection of Freedoms Act (October 1st 2012).

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Dear PPC Scumbags,

I have received a ticket on the car I was driving (ticket ref: XXXXXX, car reg YYYYY YYY). I would like to appeal this ticket, I was unaware of any restrictions in place at the time as I did not see any signs.

My understanding is that there need to be sufficient signs in place before you can issue a parking ticket for this.

Yours lovingly,

XXXXXXX

That'll get them writing to you. They'll reject this appeal but then you can either submit a hard appeal to the PPC (we'll advise you of what to put), or a hard appeal to POPLA, or just simply ignore them.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • LouiseRVN
    Options
    Hi, I'm just after some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing.

I received a pcn on the 7th dec from ukcps, I posted on this thread and was advised to ignore it, which I did.
    I then received a first notice in January that the fine had increased from £60 to £100.
    I have just received a further letter stating that I now owe £120 and giving 10 days notice before court action.

I checked the chain of letters thread but there doesn't seem to be one for ukcps post October 2012 so I checked the previous one and am now worried as they seem to have jumped to the court action letter and missed out the second reminder.

As nervous as I am doing so, I want to continue to ignore the letters but just needing some reassurance.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    The letters they send you, and in what order, doesn't suddenly alter the fact that the law is the law and they cannot charge you contractual penalties for land they have no ownership rights over.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,090 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LouiseRVN wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just after some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing.

I received a pcn on the 7th dec from ukcps, I posted on this thread and was advised to ignore it, which I did.
    I then received a first notice in January that the fine had increased from £60 to £100.
    I have just received a further letter stating that I now owe £120 and giving 10 days notice before court action.

I checked the chain of letters thread but there doesn't seem to be one for ukcps post October 2012 so I checked the previous one and am now worried as they seem to have jumped to the court action letter and missed out the second reminder.

As nervous as I am doing so, I want to continue to ignore the letters but just needing some reassurance.

It's NOT A FINE!
  • cryption
    cryption Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    My mum got issued a £60 fine which we stupidly paid as we did not want the cost to increase and have just rung the car park we were issued it at who claim they dont know who UKCPS are and that is not the ticket company they use to impose fines!!! Gutted as we cant get our money back.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You would not have got it back anyway, once its paid its gone.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:42PM
    Options
    cryption wrote: »
    My mum got issued a £60 fine which we stupidly paid as we did not want the cost to increase and have just rung the car park we were issued it at who claim they dont know who UKCPS are and that is not the ticket company they use to impose fines!!! Gutted as we cant get our money back.

You can, but you'd have to sue UKCPS.

And/or you could report them to the local Trading Standards with that information though, and they may be able to force a refund for you if this is correct (and get UKCPS into hot water too). And please, this is NOT a fine, you called it a fine twice!!!

Next time you get a random invoice just come here before opening your wallet.

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Drove past a UKCPS pay and display car park the other day and while I was stopped across the road at traffic lights had a read of their signage. It still refers to being clamped without a valid ticket. Are they still allowed to do this?

Wish I had the opportunity to take a pic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure