We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can an affair ever have a happy ending?

Options

Comments

• nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    Options
    I love my other half very much - but he can make his own breakfast and lunch (-:

Mine's quite capable, but I have more time in the morning. I'm making mine, so I may as well make his.
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • purpletoenails
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    Any news PTN?

Nope no news as such, but I just had a huge wobble :eek: not sure what brought it on - too much thinking probably (my brains not used to such vigorous activity!)
  • anderson105
    Options
    Its really depressing discussion over here. Just throw him out of your life. Why the hell you wasting your time ? Thinking ... Thinking... and Thinking????
    Just do it right now!
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    "Black and white" "Judgemental" and "bitter" must appear in almost every post in this thread.

I'm not 100% sure what people are really trying to say when they say "things aren't always black and white"...other than "there are mitigating circumstances for adultery"??

In general what people mean by it is, "I can't argue it's the right thing to do, but as I've done it myself, and don't want to think badly of my behaviour...."
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    nickyhutch wrote: »
    Mine's quite capable, but I have more time in the morning. I'm making mine, so I may as well make his.

Therein lies the difference - I don't do breakfast myself.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    Quite often mine makes mine for me. Its a weekend treat, delicious frothy coffee in bed while he feeds and lets all the critters out.

I'm not a morning (or breakfast) person.
  • Kay_Peel
    Kay_Peel Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    Options
    Who remembers that horrible 'other' woman on the Apprentice?

When asked to give an example of her determination and commitment she replied that she had pursued a man that she wanted, knowing that he was married with small children. She had married him and now had two beautiful children. Alan Sugar nearly fell off his chair. I nearly choked on my biscuit. The fact that she thought this commendable and something to boast about was incredible.

I must admit that when a man/woman leaves their 'second' family - the one that came about after an affair - my only thought is 'serve you right - now you know what havoc your affair had on the first family'.

Many years ago a colleague berated me for coming back to work after having a baby. 'How could you leave a little baby? You should be at home' he said.
    'You've got a blimmin' cheek', I replied. 'You're on your third family. You've left wives and children without a backward glance. Go boil your head.' :)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nope no news as such, but I just had a huge wobble :eek: not sure what brought it on - too much thinking probably (my brains not used to such vigorous activity!)

in what resepct did you wobble?

Have you thought anymore about my suggestion of going out some more, especially to places you might not normally go or related to interests you would like to develop? Do you have a good group of girlfriends to go out with? (incidentally what do your friends feel about the arrnagment as it stands?)
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    Options
    I could have had an affair not too long ago.... thought about doing so...:o

Going through a not too rosy patch in my marriage....OH not really paying attention/being romantic....along comes another guy who is pushing all the right buttons....being attentive.... who knows what would have happened if we had gone for 'coffee' etc....but the chemistry was there. I think the only thing that stopped me was the fact that I do love my OH, that I was scared of catching something :eek: and the fact I would have had to remove my clothing!! :rotfl::rotfl::eek:

That said, at this stage of my life if my OH had to have an affair it would be the end of our relationship.
  • purpletoenails
    Options
    Things are always as black and white as they seem.
    In general what people mean by it is, "I can't argue it's the right thing to do, but as I've done it myself, and don't want to think badly of my behaviour...."

Putting aside the situation I am in, I would still argue that things are not always as black and white as they seem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport