We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can an affair ever have a happy ending?

Options

Comments

• Lunar_Eclipse
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    If it had descended into bickering and nastiness it wouldn't have lasted 9 pages, never mind still going at 119!

Oh I know. :rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    (Although I was referring to the personal, praise-like comments that have been cropping up more recently and my feeling that the thread is more one sided and less balanced somehow. Or maybe that's untrue and the feeling I'm actually picking up now is simply less 'them&us' which can only be a good thing. Not sure.:D)

If I am going to say something harsh I persoanlly like sometimes to temper it with something true and a little positive. I feel its a more productive way of saying the same thing, and ultimately more honest..because its a rounder opinion. People seem to feel that to temper something so is dishonest as it takes a way a certain single mindedness of message..but one in life is monothematic? If you are repeating the same ''wrong wrong wrong'' message it can become white noise and paid as much attention too..drives someone crazy or to resolve in steadfast thought without them getting any real message . I think.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    I for one am not bothered either way over radio,too much emphasis, the written word always seems to be more misconstrude if the topic is thought provoking but there is always a way of expressing it, with a level tone.:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I think diplomacy comes with age. I bet we were all a bit bolshie at 21.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    I hold the same opinions as the poster who has deleted her posts but wouldn't express them in the way she did, and then defend them by stating she intended to be rude.

Spot on! :T
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    I think diplomacy comes with age. I bet we were all a bit bolshie at 21.

you know what...I put my foot in my mouth ALL THE TIME. I hope that gets better with age. :o
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    nickyhutch wrote: »
    getting him a coffee, making his breakfast, packing his lunch,

I love my other half very much - but he can make his own breakfast and lunch (-:
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • Marisco
    Marisco Posts: 42,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am quite amazed by the 'fan club' she has gained here, given the circumstances.

I don't think it's so much a "fan club" as it's some of us have been through it, know what it's like, and things are not always as black and white as they seem. Although some, I know, would differ on that! Of course everyone would love to "live happily ever after", but life is not like that.

Without going into things, my oh dithered for a while as well, because of genuine concerns, (not money) that proved to be correct when he did leave. Only PTN knows the full story, and I tend not to judge people anyway, as you never know what's round the next corner, or how you will act in a given situation!
  • VestanPance
    Options
    Things are always as black and white as they seem.
  • gratefulforhelp_2
    Options
    Marisco wrote: »
    things are not always as black and white as they seem.
    Things are always as black and white as they seem.

"Black and white" "Judgemental" and "bitter" must appear in almost every post in this thread.

I'm not 100% sure what people are really trying to say when they say "things aren't always black and white"...other than "there are mitigating circumstances for adultery"??
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family