40 Days up and nothing....(merged)

Options

Comments

• mummaofone
    mummaofone Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    okay thanks will send thoose letters tommrrow and see if i get any thing within seven days is that right
  • TheSlips
    Options
    Hi,
    I`m looking for some advice.
    I bank with Lloyds TSB in Scotland. I sent away my first letter and cheque (of which I have photocopies) by recorded delivery on the 1st of May to this address which I found on the moneysavingexpert site:

Lloyds Bank;

Swallow House
    10 Swallow Street
    Birmingham
    B1 2AL

The proof of delivery (which I also have copy of) states it was signed for on the 4th at Lloyds 139 and then a name .
    The cheque has still not been cashed.
    My questions are:
    1. Did I send my letter to the correct address? as I have since seen another address for them on this site.
    2. Is it 40 days from the date of my letter or when they received the request (presuming I used the right address) or from when they eventually cash my cheque.

Many thanks for your help in advance
  • babs_clark
    babs_clark Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I'MLOOKING FOR HELP APPLIED FOR MY STATEMENTS ON 22ND FEB ENCLOSED A CHEQUE FOR £10 WAITED 40 DAYS HEARD NOTHING .I CALLED THE BANK 3 WEEKS LATER A LETTER APPEARED ASKING FOR £5 PER STATEMENT SHEET.I CALLED THE BANK THEY STATED THEY WERE NOT DEALING WITH THE COMPLAINTS AND WERE UNSURE WHO WAS I THEN
    ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER LOW AND BEHOLD THEY TRANSFERED ME TO THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE.WHEN SPEAKING TO THEM THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO SEE HOW FAR I WAS ON THE LIST THEY ADVICED THAT THEY WOULD CALL BACK AGAIN NOTHING.

I THEN CALLED AGAIN STILL NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME ,SO I CALLED THE COMMISIONERS OFFICE LEFT A MESSAGE THEY NEVER RETURNED MY CALL .I THEN WROTE ANOTHER LETER TO MY BRANCH SAYING THAT UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT I WAS INTITLED TO MY STATEMENTS AGAIN NOTHING.I AM NOW ON A MISSION BUT SEEM TO BE RUNNING OUT OF ROADS TO GO DOWN.I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT ANYONE COULD GIVE I HOPE THIS POST MANAGES TO GO THROUGH AS I HAVE TRIED ON A COUPLE OF OCCASIONS BUT WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG THANKYOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS

BABS
  • mummaofone
    mummaofone Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    have another quick question i sent my ten pound cheques and template letter to my local branch should i not of done that
  • Wilko_77
    Wilko_77 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't bother phoning them, I would just keep with a recorded delivery.

I know there is an information commisioner that I know someone on either this site or the CAG site has contacted when they had problems.

Did you send the letter recorded delivery? because I think the easiest thing for banks to do now if the letter is not sent by Rec Del is to just bin it.
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Kurt_Hamster Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    Can you please not type in caps as it is considered shouting.

It's a myth that you can write to the bank and ask them to send you 6 years worth of statements for a tenner.

What you can do is ask them for 6 years worth of data (charges, transaction details etc) and state if it's easier for them they can send statements, but if you specifically either ask for statements or not make it clear you are making a Subject Access Request then yes they can charge you per statement at whatever rate they wish as it's a service.

You must make it clear that you are making an SAR and you must give them the option of supplying statements.

You aren't entitled to ask them specifically for statements.
    Hamsters have no tact and diplomacy, nor do they want any.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Firstly, press the "Caps Lock" button on your keyboard to turn off the middle one of the three little green lights on your keyboard.

Then, report the bank's failure to provide you with your information and their attempt to charge you £5 per statement to the Information Commissioner in writing. However, his people are as inundated with complaints as the banks and credit card companies are with requests - and there's only one of him.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • babs_clark
    babs_clark Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Wilko_77 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother phoning them, I would just keep with a recorded delivery.

I know there is an information commisioner that I know someone on either this site or the CAG site has contacted when they had problems.

Did you send the letter recorded delivery? because I think the easiest thing for banks to do now if the letter is not sent by Rec Del is to just bin it.
    hi thanks for the reply everything i have sent was by rec del
  • knackerdan
    Options
    i first sent a my letter to barclays ages ago but i sent it to my local branch instead of the right place and i had no reply at all also i lost the recorded delivery reciept. the cheque i included had not been cashed. so i thought i would try again this time sending to the right office. the time period for this has just elasped however my daughter posted that letter for me and did not send it recorded. just had a proof of posting certificate. still no reply whatsoever. dont know if the cheque has been cashed yet or not ( probably not ) any ideas weather i should try a third first letter posted by myself recorded and the reciept kept safe or what i dunno what to do now. any help advice is welcome.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As the above posts, camp at the doorstep or keep phoning until you wear them down into providing the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure