40 Days up and nothing....(merged)

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have online banking you can access this information online.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This sounds like your Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act for your old statements. If you haven't received your information after 40 days from the date they received your first request, escalate the matter to the Information Commissioner. His address should be on this website somewhere, or do a Google search.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Karenv_2
    Options
    just got some of ours through yesterday but its taken 47 days for them to arrive. We heard nothing from HSBC during all that time. They arrived in 19 envelopes ( the postman even commented to me about that ). We are still short of two years statements so are awaiting yet another bundle of envelopes. No charge though.
  • batfinkrules
    Options
    Can you advise me please - I have sent the initial letter off to Halifax and the 40 day time limit is up tomorrow, I have received nothing from them...no statements or letter confirming they will send them.
    What shall I do next???

Sorry if this has been answered before but my computer is so slow it will take ages to search throught previous posts.
  • Gilly62_2
    Options
    oh no i think i have botched up here. i didn't send the ten quid ... mainly because i had't got it as my account had been depleted by over £130 of bank charges !! what should i do now?
  • clairpair
    Options
    hi i have sent off letter to lloyds asking for my statements and have still heard nothing. They only have until 30th of this month left has anyone else experienced delays with them
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Kurt_Hamster Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    Have you read the Lloyds TSB thread?
    Hamsters have no tact and diplomacy, nor do they want any.
  • ellelephant69
    Options
    I sent the template letter one to Lloyds and didnt hear anything back from them for 45 days . i did however recieve a list of charges and fee's the day after i sent another letter( it was about reporting them to the onbudsman under the data protection act) (which has been posted on the forum somewhere) track my post re: the same problem. Im at letter two now and am waiting for a reply. You will get a reply you just have to have patience.
  • ellelephant69
    Options
    vanilla wrote: »
    I have sent a letter to my old bank with a £10 postal order asking for my bank statements, there 40 days will be up on friday and i've had no contact from them at all except for me phoning my local bank to see if they recieved my letter ( which they did and forwarded it to the main branch that would deal with it), i don't think they are going to give me my statements, what should i do next if they ignore my letter????
    Any help on this would be great.
    ACCOUNT NUMBER XXXXXXXX

I sent a letter and £10 cheque on the [insert date of first request] requesting six years of bank statements as is my right under the Data Protection Act. I have been expecting copies of my statements within the 40 days stipulated under the D.P.A. As yet I have not received any correspondence from you.
    By not supplying the information I requested, you have breached my rights under the D.P.A. You leave me with no alternative that if I do not receive copies of my bank statements within the next seven days, I will forward copies of my requests to the Information Commissioner.

I look forward to your timely response.

Find enclosed a copy of my original letter.

send this letter i had a reply with list of charges the next day (send it recorded mail it cost me £1.00)
  • SKBates
    SKBates Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all

I have a slightly different problem in that Abbey National have responded to my request within the 40 days, but on going through the statements last night I realised they've only sent me 2 year's worth!

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If I go back to them, are they going to try and charge me another £10? And are they entitled to?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport