40 Days up and nothing....(merged)

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• dj9928
    dj9928 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone please confirm, if you have requested your statements and received nothing, called them and still received nothing, reported them to the commisioner and still received nothing, and phoned them again and still received nothing is it now ok to make up a random number and start court proceedings? As I really don't know what else to do.
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Kurt_Hamster Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    dj9928 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm, if you have requested your statements and received nothing, called them and still received nothing, reported them to the commisioner and still received nothing, and phoned them again and still received nothing is it now ok to make up a random number and start court proceedings? As I really don't know what else to do.

No it isn't. Part of the court claim will be proving that the requested amount is owed you. If you've guessed you can't do that.

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait until your statements show up.
    Hamsters have no tact and diplomacy, nor do they want any.
  • dj9928
    dj9928 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, Banks really are playing dirty now aren't they
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Options
    dj9928 wrote: »
    Thanks, Banks really are playing dirty now aren't they

I'm not sure they are. It's common knowledge that they are snowed under with 1000s and 1000s of request that they weren't geared up to handle.

They will of course not be running whilst they can get away with walking though!!
  • joruss
    joruss Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my letter requesting details ofcharges on 31.3.07 recorded delivery. Received and signed for 3.4.07. Rang 18.5.07 and was told i would have them shortly. Rang again 24.5.07 as 40 days are up 29.5.07 and advised they never have had my letter.

Went into my local branch to complain as i had proof that they did have my letter. Assistant rang customer services and they emaile dher the list of charges and she gave them to me. She did say however that I didnt have to put a SAR requests in but if I had gone to the branch and askd for statements for the pat 6 years and paid £5.00 this would have been quicker as they are currently receiving 2000 sar request per day and they cant cope.She also said the Information commisssioner is aware of this and is giving the banks some leeway.

Question though-I have now have what they have charged me over the last 6 years but what i dont know is whether its for bouncing a DD or overdraft fee Would i need this information if it got to the court stage ?
  • angibabe_2
    angibabe_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    hi i guess im in the same boat as every one else here ....still waiting on my statements from the bank ..i sent my letter requesting statements on the 6th of april they replied with a letter ( not dated but i made a note on the 19th )saying they have recieved my letter and cheque..and they now have 40 days from the date the fee was paid .next day i recieved another letter saying due to the amount of requests they have had it is poosible they will go over the 40 days and i can report them to the dpa .my £10 cheque was cashed on the 23rd ..so do i wait 40 days from the date i put on my first letter requesting the statements ?? or from when they cashed the cheque?? any help will be gratefully apprieciated ...thanks angie
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have the phone number or email address for Natwest Credit card dept?, as its over 70 days since they recived my signed for letter asking for the details of charges, and they cashed my cheque within 4 days of reciving the letter.
    I cant find a email or phone number anywhere on any letter from them and have had a look around the site and cant seem to locate it.
    Iv left it this long giving them the change to sort it out knowing they are inundated with requests, but now im getting mad, 70 days cheque cashed and not so much of a sorry we are dealing with this!!!
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • k1mmie
    k1mmie Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Natwest 40 days are up now and still nothing! Going to keep hounding them by phone and emails. Lets see how long they take!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent me an email on the 9/05/07 saying should have them in 7 days. How would that look to the IC if I had to put a case to them???
  • Melly31
    Melly31 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    40 days!!! Your dreaming. I 1st applied for charges back last August and am still waiting :(
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Options
    k1mmie wrote: »
    Well Natwest 40 days are up now and still nothing! Going to keep hounding them by phone and emails. Lets see how long they take!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately it will take them as long as it will take them.
    Sent me an email on the 9/05/07 saying should have them in 7 days. How would that look to the IC if I had to put a case to them???

The IC has seen it all and is currently snowed under with similar complaints, you'll just be one more name in the backlog I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure