40 Days up and nothing....(merged)

Options

Comments

• fiona_scotland
    Options
    Hi guys, clydesdale bank recently told me that due to the high amount of people reclaimng, it would take over the 40 days for them to send me my detail of charges received, well its been at least another 40 days since they told me this, is this acceptable? Have i just to wait till they get finger out ? Is all i can do is wait? :(
    Should i write yet another letter?

fiona ( stressed out )

x
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I appreciate that they are busy, and my heart goes out to the poor staff trying to cope, but the management should do something to ensure that they meet the requirements of the law. But then, we all know that the banks consider themselves above the law.

If you haven't received your information by 40 days after they received your request, report them to the Information Commissioner. Mind you, his staff must be as busy with complaints as the banks are with claims and there's only one of him.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • fiona_scotland
    Options
    Im just off the fone to bank, called local branch of clydesdale, they say their printers couldnt handle the amount of requests so they have changed printer company and are expecting to send out my statements within 2 weeks....... hmmmmm do i beleive that? i will when the postman puts them thru my letterbox.

Anyone with any queries about clydesdale or yorkshire bank should call this num...... 01132315280

Fiona x
  • fardoe31
    fardoe31 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    :mad:
    While i am sorting out my parents i decided to sort my old bank out.
    i sent a letter asking for my statements.
    Heard nothing
    after 40 days i had a letter due to how busy they are at the moment they cant send them.
    I informed the information commissioner and they will add my complaints to others they have got.
    so where do i go from here, as i have no statements, 40 days have passed and they have cashed my £10:naughty::naughty::naughty:
    so what do i do now?:eek:
    thanks
    julie
  • k1mmie
    k1mmie Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TheSlips wrote: »
    Hi,
    I`m looking for some advice.
    I bank with Lloyds TSB in Scotland. I sent away my first letter and cheque (of which I have photocopies) by recorded delivery on the 1st of May to this address which I found on the moneysavingexpert site:

Lloyds Bank;

Swallow House
    10 Swallow Street
    Birmingham
    B1 2AL

The proof of delivery (which I also have copy of) states it was signed for on the 4th at Lloyds 139 and then a name .
    The cheque has still not been cashed.
    My questions are:
    1. Did I send my letter to the correct address? as I have since seen another address for them on this site.
    2. Is it 40 days from the date of my letter or when they received the request (presuming I used the right address) or from when they eventually cash my cheque.

Many thanks for your help in advance

I too sent my request with account no: to this address for my statements on 17th April. Today I received a response saying please put a request in writing with my account number.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DOH
  • TheSlips
    Options
    k1mmie wrote: »
    I too sent my request with account no: to this address for my statements on 17th April. Today I received a response saying please put a request in writing with my account number.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DOH

Thanks. Good to know I got the address right.:D
    Wasn`t sure seeing as how there was another listed for them.
  • Kyle_2
    Kyle_2 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    I sent the first letter including the £10 cheque to get copies of statements and i received a letter back saying they will supply within the 40 days. 5 days before the 40 days are up i received a letter saying;

Within the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 we have 40 days in which to provide you with the information we hold. The end of this time period has almost been reached, however, due to the high volume of requests we have received in relation to this high profile issue, i regret that we are not yet able to provide you with the information requested.

Whilst you are within your rights to refer this matter to the Information Commissioner at the end of the 40 day period, i confirm that we shall provide you with the information as soon as we possibly can.

What should i do??
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Kurt_Hamster Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    For once they aren't telling porkies.

You can indeed complain to the IC if only for the annoyance factor to the bank.

Alas though it won't get your data to you any quicker.

I'm afraid all that's left to do is wait it out.
    Hamsters have no tact and diplomacy, nor do they want any.
  • Kurt_Hamster
    Kurt_Hamster Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    It depends on how you handle your case.

If you take it to the FO it's 6 years from your first letter of complaint.

If you take it to court it's 6 years from the date you issue your claim at court.

If you want to claim more than 6 years you will have to argue that the bank isn't covered by the Limitation Act 1980 due to their concealment of their costs.
    Hamsters have no tact and diplomacy, nor do they want any.
  • k1mmie
    k1mmie Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent a letter requesting charges from Natwest/RBS/BOS/First Direct on 17th APril. I have only just received the statements from FD after hounding them by email, phone calls. I have emailed Natwest and have received an email to say that I will receive the statements in 7 days time. That was sent to me on 9/05/07. Their 40 days are up on 27th May. Have still not heard from others. WHat can I do??????????????????????????/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure