LPG / LPG prices (merged)

Replies

• Paul_VarjakPaul_Varjak Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I would suggest contacting your local Council for details of the Warmfront scheme suggested by Graham1.

I think the grants may also be available if the person is not in receipt of income-related benefits but does have a disability.

What is on offer on the Warmfront scheme can also vary between Councils, so have a look on the relevant Council's website.
  • Details of Warmfront grants here
    You can apply online no need to contact your local authority.
    It might be worth going through the calculator Entitledto
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • VikingfanVikingfan Forumite
    254 Posts
    I am currently being stung for lpg having just put my tank under ground I signed for 5 years and they capped my rate .....Result an increase from £100 a month to £130 a month.Don't know weather this is allowed or not but in my case the company is Calor

The only advice I could give is shop around or sign up for a capped rate but read the small print.
  • AltarfAltarf Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The problem is the limited number of suppliers in the marketplace

http://money.guardian.co.uk/news_/story/0,1456,1555316,00.html

And it is due to get worse as Shell is reported to be looking for a buyer for its LPG business.
  • Update on LPG 47kg Propane prices in Lincolnshire
    Calor £35.00
    Flogas £37.50
    Garden Centre Cash& carry £30
    However a neighbour was quoted £32.50 each for 2 so maybe you could negotiate a better deal. I went for the cheapest and fetched it myself.
  • poly1poly1 Forumite
    409 Posts
    I currently pay £31 delivered for a 47kg bottle of LPG in Lincolnshire, but they don't deliver everywhere. Mind you would like to know where the garden centre is that does it for £30 in case the prices go up!
    Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.
    Earl Wilson
  • poly1 wrote:
    I currently pay £31 delivered for a 47kg bottle of LPG in Lincolnshire, but they don't deliver everywhere. Mind you would like to know where the garden centre is that does it for £30 in case the prices go up!
    Chapel St Leonards.
  • toepazztoepazz Forumite
    131 Posts
    Located in the depths of rural Wiltshire - on 21 Sept paid nearest Powagas (Stockbridge, Hampshire) £62.16 for delivery of 2 x 47Kg propane refill. Central heating timed for only 6 hours per day, but will be lucky if these last us a fortnight :mad:
  • Just moved in to a rural cottage in Scotland and the living flame fire in the living room runs on LPG. Was advised by previous owner where to buy and I ordered some on moving in...2 bottled 47 KG cost me £72 odd. My question is this:

I used the fire for maybe 15 hours in total and first bottle is empty! Is this usual? seems expensive to run a living flame fire when one bottle only lasts 15 hours! Is this usual? Anyone else out there got a living flame fire that runs on LPG? How long does one bottle last you?

Any help appreciated,

Ember xx
    ~What you send out comes back to thee thricefold!~
    ~
  • I use a living flame fire and a gas hob with LPG with 19 kg bottles and one would last a lot longer than that.

However having said that there was one occasion when we had no power for several days between Christmas and New Year a few years back and that was the only heating I had and I think I went through one bottle very quickly.

They do say that the living flame fires are hefty using fuel and as mine is a fairly basic one most of the heat goes up the chimney but I do love my fire!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals