o2 price increase

Options

Comments

• danmanchester
    Options
    Yes emc, I was quite surprised myself that I was only offered 3 months free broadband though that does = to £5.25 a monthly discount over the year, which is virtually what I'm paying now - so no real change. Seems the retentions is a bit hit and miss depending on who deals with you. Like you I've never had any problems or complaints with the service itself.

I double checked re the Sky download limits, I'm guessing the O2 retention sales person quoted 2gb limit (which is for Sky base) by mistake "cough cough" when I quite clearly said Sky Unlimited broadband.

If Sky turns out to be a lemon then I'll look somewhere else, maybe back to BE- I don't really have any sense of brand loyalty anymore. I mean it's a bit of an insult to expect a "loyal O2 customer" to pay more: £21.50 (£26.50 without mobile discount) for the top broadband package, when new customers are asked to pay £21/£26 for the new top package TheWorks. OK it's only 50p more but it's the principle. There's better value elsewhere.
  • deano777_2
    Options
    you can leave without paying any cancelation fees.

as per there T&C's if they increase the price above the RPI then you can leave without paying any fees. This for there broadband package. You can then speak with the home phone department and cancel you contract with them as it is a requirement that you have there broadband as you've cancelled your broadband due to o2 increasing prices you then dont have to pay a cancellation fee for the home phone :) got my MAC in a couple of hours and are moving to sky broadband.

I went through quidco and basically have managed to get sky unlimited broadband, unlimited calls and and sky line rental all for £20 a month :) I dont have sky TV and I will be on there LLU package :)

The only other option was virgin cable but having used there services twice in two separate towns never again!!
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 February 2011 at 11:44AM
    Options
    After reading of your experiences I've decided to bin O2 and go with Sky. I'm not even going to bother calling them. I'm not prepared to switch to one of their new packages and I'm not prepared to sign up to a new 12 month contract. At the moment my bb and phone are in alignment, I don't want to mess that up. And the discounts offered just seem insulting.

It's been a short relationship, but a happy one, until now. I had high hopes of O2, but it seems they just couldn't keep it up. So Sky (via Quidco) here I come!

Edit: I've just placed my Sky order online and there was no setup fee.
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    ^^^Good to know. I think I shall be joining you.

Sad as o2 have been very good and the few times I have called them they have been excellent in their telephone support, however a rise of approx 33% I can do without.
  • danmanchester
    Options
    deano777 wrote: »

I went through quidco and basically have managed to get sky unlimited broadband, unlimited calls and and sky line rental all for £20 a month :) I dont have sky TV and I will be on there LLU package :)

!

Grrrr I forgot about Quidco :o ! Still, am happy to be saving the best part of £15 a month. :money:
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    For me,changing from O2 isn't an option.I'm in a small village so it's either BT or O2 & that's it & I'll be !!!!!!ed if I'll go back to BT!
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I called up and was told I couldn't still have my original legacy package discounted, and was persuaded by the all rounder package, free for the 1st 6 months with a free N router. Not sure if this is a good idea or not... Well I have 14 days to change my mind so we shall see...
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It may well be fine for you. It depends on your needs. There's no way I could live with the traffic management, that's why I left Virgin Media. If Sky introduce it, I'll be !!!!!!ed! :)
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sponge wrote: »
    It may well be fine for you. It depends on your needs. There's no way I could live with the traffic management, that's why I left Virgin Media. If Sky introduce it, I'll be !!!!!!ed! :)
    Hmm, well apparently iplayer etc are positively managed, and torrents are ok provided you do them outside peak times (4pm - midnight). If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that makes you say that?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    I watch a lot on the iplayer, as do other members of the family, combine that with DS gaming, constant youtube visits and various socail networking sites then we could not live with a cap or throttling.

Which is why o2 have been great up till now.

If Sky are offering better or the same for less then I am off!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure