o2 price increase

Options
have o2 increased there price .I was paying £7.50 before the VAT increase
New price is £8.48 which is well above the 2.5% vat increase .
"Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"

Comments

• shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A bit more info but lots of confusion here -
    http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59778&p=347695#p347695

shammy
  • emeraldbugle
    emeraldbugle Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 February 2011 at 12:27PM
    Options
    My bill is £7.66 due to the VAT. However, I've just had an email saying the price is going up to £9.50.

OP it seems we are on the same tariff, have you had this email/notification?

24% increase is a tad more than inflation!!!!
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    I skimmed the posts in the forum link above and it seems they plan on increasing the prices of the old legacy product with unlimited downloads. I imagine they'll just keep on hitting it in the hope that people will leave as it was unsustainable.

IMO all they'll achieve is to drive away the lighter users who have a choice of ISP whereas the TB+ a month merchants for the most part don't.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So when are they going to officially confirm the increase on the legacy products then?
    It's ludicrous announcing an increase, but not telling customers how much.
    O2 used to be really good at communicating with it's customers, but it seems not so any more...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Matt_Nixon
    Options
    Must all good things come to an end?

O2 Broadband has been excellent, but looks like large price increases coming end of March.

:-(
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Matt_Nixon wrote: »
    Must all good things come to an end?

O2 Broadband has been excellent, but looks like large price increases coming end of March.

:-(

So is an extra £1 a month to stay on the legacy package too much for you then?

Doesn't sound like a large price increase to me but switch if you can find a better deal elsewhere!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Matt_Nixon
    Matt_Nixon Posts: 234 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2011 at 3:01PM
    Options
    Well if it is only a pound then although it's a 13.3% increase, it's worth it IMHO
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    So is an extra £1 a month to stay on the legacy package too much for you then?

How is an increase from £7.66 to £9.50 (Standard package) only a £1? It's almost £2.

For others the increase is around £3 and £4.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    How is an increase from £7.66 to £9.50 (Standard package) only a £1? It's almost £2.

For others the increase is around £3 and £4.

Because the new price for The Basics package (20GB limit) after 31 March will be £8.50 with O2 mobile discount, so £9.50 is how much more for the unlimited legacy package?
    Any discount or free period you already have e.g. three months free offer – will stay unchanged.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • abulkasam
    Options
    I'm on legacy/unlimited broadband. Also got the email saying new price of £9.50.

What's the best alternative out there? Is there anyone else doing unlimited/non traffic shaping broadband close to this price?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure